Brighton boss Chris Hughton hopes Anthony Knockaert is about to take his frustration out on Crystal Palace.
French winger Knockaert has been kicking his heels for almost five weeks as he served a three-match ban for his red card at Everton last month.
But Knockaert, who has scored three goals this season, is back to boost Brighton's attack for the relegation run-in - starting at derby rivals Palace on Saturday.
"It's a big boost for us because of the ability he has," said Hughton.
"It's been frustrating for him, and for us, but he's trained harder in this period of about five weeks since the Everton game.
"The reason for that is he knew he was going to miss games. His attitude in training and around the place has been excellent.
"I would look at Anthony the same way I would look at other players, it's about picking a team to play in a game and I would have no hesitation in playing Anthony in any game.
"If anything you've got somebody who is desperate to get back in to play and have an effect."
Knockaert's return is also timely as Brighton will be without Davy Propper for the next three matches.
Dutch midfielder Propper has been an ever-present in the Premier League this season but now begins a suspension after he was sent off in the 1-1 draw against Huddersfield last weekend.
Brighton appealed against the red card, shown after a 50-50 challenge with Town midfielder Jonathan Hogg, but the decision was upheld.
Hughton added: "We certainly wouldn't have appealed if we didn't feel we had a chance.
Meanwhile Crystal Palace strikers Christian Benteke and Alexander Sorloth have returned to contention for the clash.
Roy Hodgson's injury-stricken squad secured a 2-2 draw at Bournemouth last weekend in the absence of a recognised striker, but the Eagles boss revealed he could yet persevere with Wilfried Zaha and Andros Townsend as an unorthodox front two.
Jeffrey Schlupp is also nearing his first-team return from an ankle injury as Palace look to take a significant step towards preserving their Premier League status with victory on Saturday.
Hodgson said of Benteke and Sorloth, who have been struggling with respective groin and hamstring problems: "Alexander Sorloth trained for the first time and got through the session well. Christian has made enormous progress.
"(Benteke) joined in the initial part of the session before going back to the sports scientist people to check, but if he can train normally (on Friday) then he will be available.
"Andros and Wilf were good (at Bournemouth), but it's a nice problem to have. It's one thing we've not had in terms of a problem - a lot of players sitting behind me (on the bench). Any cover we've had has been in defensive areas.
"We've been unbelievably limited and forced to get through games with the 11 or 12 who are the right ones to do the job, but now hopefully we'll have those guys back up front.
Hodgson remains without long-term absentees Joel Ward, Scott Dann, Jason Puncheon, Bakary Sako and Connor Wickham, but is more "concerned" about their recent run of conceding late goals, as they again did at Bournemouth.
"Of course it's a concern," he said. "Every goal you concede is, whether in the first or last minute. But you have to analyse why they've been conceded.
"(Brighton) are a team who know exactly what they're doing, and do it extremely well. A hard working team. A derby factor, too, which is important for both sets of supporters.
"It's going to be a big occasion, but I believe we are ready for it."