News

Live updates

McGuinness: Prayers are with Robinson and family

Martin McGuinness has said that he is concerned to hear that First Minister Peter Robinson has been taken to hospital with a suspected heart condition.

In a tweet from his official account, the Northern Ireland deputy First Minister said that his "thoughts and prayers" were with Mr Robinson and his family.

Advertisement

PM wishes Peter Robinson 'speedy recovery'

David Cameron has wished the First Minister of Northern Ireland Peter Robinson a "speedy recovery" after he was admitted to hospital with a suspected heart condition.

Peter Robinson: NI's First Minister suffers heart attack

Peter Robinson, the First Minister of Northern Ireland, has been rushed to hospital after suffering a suspected heart attack.

Peter Robinson was rushed to hospital this morning. Credit: PA Wire

Mr Robinson, 66, was taken by ambulance to Belfast's Royal Victoria Hospital at just after 9am this morning.

Senior DUP sources confirmed the party's leader was being treated for a suspected heart complaint.

A hospital spokeswoman said: "Mr Robinson underwent a procedure this morning and is currently recovering in the Royal Victoria Hospital."

A DUP spokesperson said: "The First Minister felt unwell this morning and has been admitted to the hospital for some further tests."

Tunisian soldier 'opens fire on other troops'

A Tunisian soldier has opened fire on other troops at a military base in Tunis, the country's army has said.

A soldier has opened fire on troops at a base in Tunis. Credit: Reuters

The soldier shot dead a colonel and wounded eight others before he was killed himself at the Bouchoucha base.

The man had been banned from carrying a weapon and seized another man's weapon for the attack, defence ministry spokesman Belhassen Oueslati said.

The shooting occured around a kilometre away from the Bardo national museum where 22 people, mostly tourists, were shot dead in a terror attack in March.

Officials said today's shooting was not being viewed as a terrorist attack.

Advertisement

Kaylie Hatton: Growing fears for runaway teen

A "vulnerable" teenage girl who is feared to be with a 51-year-old man remains missing more than a week after running away.

Kaylie Hatton has been missing for more than a week. Credit: Metropolitan Police

Kaylie Hatton, 16, climbed out of a window at her grandmother's home in Sidcup, Kent in the early hours of Saturday 16 May following an argument.

She is believed to be with Fred Finch, 51, who is from Eltham. Police described the pair as "high-risk missing persons".

"We have had some unconfirmed sightings over the past week and we think they might be using swimming pools and leisure centres to grab a shower," Detective Sergeant Graham Scott said.

"The last proof of life we have got is Sunday night between 4pm and 8pm at a friend's address."

Tributes left at scene of Didcot killings

Tributes have been left close to where the bodies of a six-year-old girl, her mother and her father were found in Didcot, Oxfordshire.

As news of the killings spread, people began to leave tributes at the scene. Credit: PA Wire
Tributes lay at the end of Vicarage Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire. Credit: PA Wire
Police are searching for Jed Allen after his family were murdered. Credit: PA Wire
Load more updates Back to top

From our journalists