Body parts have been found in the search for missing teenager Becky Watts, police say. The 16-year-old has not been seen since leaving her home in Bristol on February 19.
The chief executive of Morecambe NHS Trust has apologised to "all those who suffered" because of the failings at one its maternity units.
In a press conference, Jackie Daniel admitted there had been serious failings, saying: "The Trust accepts the board's recommendations without reservation. It is a definitive picture of what happened between 2004 and 2013."
The chief executive added that since the Health secretary commissioned the report, the leadership of the Trust had changed and made some improvements which the Kirkup report recognised. However, Daniel realised that there was still much more to, particularly at Furness.
"I would like to add my own apology. During the period covered by this investigation there were some very serious failings," she said. "The Trust then failed to show openness and transparency in acknowledging those failings. So, on behalf of all the staff at the Trust I want to say sorry."
The Prime Minister has said there need to be "consequences" where professionals have failed in cases of child abuse.
David Cameron said: "At the end of the day, if professionals fail there need to be consequences. One of the problems in Rotherham is that there was failure after failure by social workers, by councillors, by council officials, and yes by the police, and not enough consequences flowed from that. It is very important that consequences flow."
Police have been granted more time to question a man and woman arrested on suspicion of the murder of missing teenager Becky Watts.
Avon and Somerset Police said they had been given a further 24 hours to question a 28-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman.
Both remain in custody.
The family of Becky Watts say they are "heartbroken" at the news that human remains have been discovered at a house in Bristol.
The 16-year-old's grandfather John Galsworthy said they "cannot begin to understand what has happened and why".
Disgraced former children's entertainer Rolf Harris has been stripped of his CBE, according to an official announcement in the London Gazette.
Harris was jailed for five years and nine months for indecently assaulting four girls over a near 20-year period.
Last month Harris was stripped of honours bestowed by Australia, namely the appointments of Officer and Member of the Order of Australia in the General Division.
The father and stepmother of Becky Watts have said the news that human remains have been discovered during the search for their missing daughter is 'too much to bear'.
Officers are continuing to search a property in Bristol where the remains were discovered.
Shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper has claimed today that calls for an independent inquiry into the problem's at Yarl's Wood detention centre were dismissed by Theresa May.
Cooper said there had been a history of problems at the holding centre but the Home Secretary had refused calls to investigate.
She said: "There is no point in ministers pretending to be shocked at news of abuse. This is not news. Even now, the ministers have not set up an independent inquiry, Serco has."
The head of Barclays bank has told ITV News he wants to see the end of 'free banking' in a bid to encourage more competition on the high street.
Antony Jenkins, group chief executive of the chain, said not charging customers for opening current accounts meant it was difficult to people to compare deals, and meant a lower number of people switching banks.
Mr Jenkins said while some paid-for accounts were available, it was not across the board - and said it was difficult for any one bank to make the first move for fear of driving customers to rival free models.