Essex Fire Service have issued a safety warning after a number of tumble dryer brands announced they are reviewing the safety of their products.
Fire staff are warning people not to leave running tumble dryers unattended after checks by manufacturers found that excess fluff was coming into contact with heating elements and causing potential fire risks.
The brands affected are Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda.
They have issued this advice.
For more information about which appliances are affected, visit: https://safety.hotpoint.eu/