Members of the public are being asked to nominate exceptional staff at Papworth Hospital for an annual awards scheme.
This year’s Papworth People Staff Achievement Awards Scheme gives patients and relatives the opportunity to thank staff who go above and beyond the call of duty.
The hospital is the largest heart and lung transplant centre, and the UK’s first successful heart transplant was carried out there in 1979.
Stephen Bridge, Chief Executive says: “Our patients are at the heart of everything we do and their experience whilst in our care is very important to all our staff. The staff awards scheme helps to recognise and publically thank our staff who go that extra mile every day.”
The eight award categories are:
- Caring for Patients – Individual and/or team award
- Achieving Excellence – Individual and/or team award
- Working Differently – Individual and/or team award
- Innovation – Individual and/or team award
- Value for Health and Wellbeing – Individual and/or team award
- Volunteer of the Year – Individual award
- Lifetime Achievement – Individual award
- Chairman’s Award for Outstanding Achievement – Individual and/or team award
Members of the Patient and Public Involvement and Membership Committee have been invited to judge.