Norwich City say Grant Holt is not for sale

Norwich City's Grant Holt could be ready to follow Paul Lambert out of Carrow Road after he re-affirmed his desire to leave the club today.

The 31 year old revealed on Twitter that he made his request to the board and Chief Executive David McNally due to disagreements.

Holt originally handed in a transfer request two weeks ago, which was rejected by Norwich.

However, McNally told Sky Sports that Holt would not be leaving the club. The chief executive also refuted reports that the Canaries have made an approach to Celtic for manager Neil Lennon.

The Northern Irishman was on Friday morning tipped as a replacement for Paul Lambert, his former Celtic team-mate who has offered his resignation ahead of his expected move to Aston Villa.

Lambert and Lennon
Paul Lambert and Neil Lennon Credit: PA

Cardiff manager Malky Mackay, another former Celt, has also been linked with the position at Carrow Road, but McNally told SkySports: "It is interesting because I have seen reported that we have contacted both of their clubs about their managers. We haven't and I would like to put that on record."

He added: "Celtic Football Club and Norwich City get on marvellously well, we had a great day here last week celebrating Adam Drury's testimonial, the two sets of supporters get on brilliantly.

"I can confirm that no approach has been made for Neil Lennon.

"If we were interested in talking to them about Neil, he's a great manager, we would go straight to them quietly and privately, we wouldn't announce it through the media and Dermot Desmond (Celtic's majority shareholder) would be the first to know."

Holt
Grant Holt shoots for Norwich Credit: PA