Jorge Lorenzo has taken first place at the MotoGP World Championships at Silverstone in Northamptonshire.
It was a comfortable win for the Spanish rider, who signed a new two-year contract with Yamaha earlier this week. The victory puts him 25 points ahead of the Australian rider and reigning champion Casey Stoner, who took second place.
The race was also a triumph for British biker Cal Crutchlow, who came sixth despite starting from the back of the grid.
Crutchlow injured his left ankle in a crash during qualifying on Saturday, but he rode through the pain beating a host of riders including Ducati's multiple world champion Valentino Rossi.
The leading final positions after the race are as follows:
- 1. Jorge Lorenzo (Spain/Yamaha)
- 2. Casey Stoner (Australia/Honda)
- 3. Dani Pedrosa (Spain/Honda)
- 4. Alvaro Bautista (Spain/Honda)
- 5. Ben Spies (USA/Yamaha)
- 6. Cal Crutchlow (GBR/Yahama)
- 7. Nicky Hayden (USA/Ducati)
- 8. Stefan Bradl (Germany/Honda)
- 9. Valentino Rossi (Italy/Ducati)
- 10. Hector Barbera (Spa/Ducati)
- 11. Aleix Espargaro (Spa/ART)
- 12. Randy De Puniet (France/ART)
- 13. Michele Pirro (Italy/FTR-Honda)
- 14. James Ellison (GBR/ART)
- 15. Yonny Hernandez (Columbia/FTR-Kawasaki)