1. ITV Report

Family left homeless by fire

The family have been made homeless by the fire Photo: ITV Anglia

Essex Fire Service says a fire which left a family in Clacton homeless was caused accidentally by a kitchen appliance.

The fire began in the kitchen of the two-storey house in Page Road at about 7 o'clock on Sunday morning (22 July).

The fire began in the kitchen Credit: ITV Anglia

A woman and her four children escaped unharmed, but the kitchen was destroyed and the rest of the property was badly damaged by smoke.

The Red Cross Victim Support team has helped the family find temporary accommodation.