A number of towns and cities in the Anglia region have made it through to the finals of the Britain in Bloom competition.
Nine communities have been selected from more than 1,000 entrants to take part in the Royal Horticultural Society's Britain in Bloom UK Finals 2013. They're among 80 finalists
- Colchester, Essex - Small city category
- Filby, Norfolk - Village category
- Great Yarmouth, Norfolk - Coastal (over 12,000) category
- Halstead, Essex - Champion of Champions category
- The Lanes in Norwich - Urban Community category
- Norwich - City category
- Levington, Suffolk - Small village category
- Wisbech, Cambridgeshire - Large town category
- Market Harborough, Leicestershire - Large town category
Britain in Bloom was started in 1964 by the British Tourist Board as a way of marketing the country through floral displays. Although the campaign runs all year round, the run-up to the judges’ tour is a time when communities throughout the UK unite and redouble their efforts.
The annual award ceremony is being held this year in Cleethorpes in October.