1. ITV Report

Lucky to be alive after spider bite

A woman from Braintree in Essex has spoken of how she nearly died after being bitten by a spider while sunbathing on holiday.

Sue Isaac was bitten on the bottom as she relaxed by a swimming pool in southern Spain. Doctors had to operate to save the 58-year-old's life after the wound became infected by a rare flesh-eating bug.

The former hairdresser needed seven months of hospital treatment and at one point she felt certain her leg would be amputated as parts of it began to die.

She says her leg still looks like it's been burned with an electric iron. Despite that she's just glad to have survived the ordeal.

Watch Russell Hookey's report here...