The government has been trying to measure how happy we are as a nation and the East of England is happier than average.
However Essex has some of the happiest and unhappiest people in the country.
Maldon is among the happiest places in the Anglia region while Harlow just 30 miles away is the unhappiest.
People were asked on a scale of 0 to 10 how happy they were with 0 being 'not at all happy' and 10 being 'completely happy'.
The overall average score for the East of England was 7.34 compared with an average for the whole of England of 7.28.
These are the top 10 happiest places in the Anglia region:
- South Kesteven, Lincolnshire - 7.83 out of 10
- Maldon, Essex - 7.81
- Uttlesford, Essex - 7.78
- South Northamptonshire - 7.74
- East Hertfordshire - 7.72
- Ipswich - 7.60
- East Cambridgeshire - 7.60
- South Norfolk - 7.59
- North Hertfordshire - 7.58
- Chelmsford, Essex - 7.56
This is the list of the unhappiest places in the Anglia region starting with the places with the lowest score:
- Harlow, Essex - 6.54 out of 10
- Brentwood, Essex - 6.78
- Corby, Northamptonshire - 6.86
- Wellingborough, Northamptonshire - 6.98
- Bedford - 6.98
- Basildon, Essex - 7.05
- Rochford, Essex - 7.07
- Stevenage, Hertfordshire - 7.08
- Castle Point, Essex - 7.09
- South Cambridgeshire - 7.11