With the evenings already darker, frosty and icy conditions have arrived so it is important that vehicles are looked after.
Police recommend that these simple pieces of advice are followed:
- Make sure all your car lights are working and you have no failed bulbs.
- Make sure wipers and lights are in good working order.
- Check that tyres have plenty of tread depth and are maintained at the correct pressure.
- Keep your battery fully charged.
- Add anti-freeze to the radiator and winter additive to the windscreen washer bottles.
- Keep the lights, windows and mirrors clean and free from ice and snow.
You can find more information about driving in different weather conditions here: