With the evenings already darker, frosty and icy conditions have arrived so it is important that vehicles are looked after.
Police recommend that these simple pieces of advice are followed:
- Make sure all your car lights are working and you have no failed bulbs.
- Make sure wipers and lights are in good working order.
- Check that tyres have plenty of tread depth and are maintained at the correct pressure.
- Keep your battery fully charged.
- Add anti-freeze to the radiator and winter additive to the windscreen washer bottles.
- Keep the lights, windows and mirrors clean and free from ice and snow.
– Chief Inspector Chris Spinks, Head of the Suffolk and Norfolk Roads Policing
“When it gets colder we all know that it can be frustrating waiting for ice to clear from your windows but I would urge people not to travel until they have full visibility. Not only is it illegal to drive with obscured vision you are also putting yourself and other road users at risk.”
You can find more information about driving in different weather conditions here: