Police forces across the East have offered advice to motorists travelling on the region's roads today following yet more rainfall overnight.
Suffolk Police are among those to issue guidance on how to stay safe in the treacherous conditions.
- Reduce your speed - hitting standing water at speed could cause you to lose control of your vehicle
- Use dipped headlights
- Increase your distance from the vehicle in front and be prepared to move further back if your visibility gets worse
- Make sure your windscreen wipers are in good working order
- Beware of slippery road surfaces, especially if the rain follows a long dry spell
- Watch out for standing areas of water and areas of flooding
- Do not drive through flooded areas when you don't know how deep the water could be
Essex Police echo their counterpart's sentiments about not taking unnecessary risks.
Don't forget, you can keep up to date with the latest Anglia weather forecast here on our website, as well as any further flood warnings that are issued by the Environment Agency.