For Xanta Watts and her husband Paul from Kettering in Northamptonshire, a honeymoon touring south east Asia should have been the holiday of their dreams.
Instead it became the stuff of nightmares.
They'd paid £10,000 for the best food, hotels and excursions and say they holiday they got was nothing like the one they'd booked.
But things were to get much worse when Xanta contracted Paratyphoid, a severe form of salmonella, and Paul also became ill.
By the time they returned home Xanta's condition had deteriorated so much that she was admitted to hospital where she was isolated from other patients, visitors and staff due to the rarity of her illness.
She couldn't work for a month.
The couple say they tried to contact the travel firm Kuoni to report their experiences, but didn't hear anything back.
However, when ITV got in touch, we did get a response. Kuoni told us that they take cases of this kind very seriously, and are in the process of investigating the reports from Paul and Xanta.
The couple say they are devastated that their honeymoon was ruined, and following legal advice, are suing Kuoni.
Xanta says she still experiences symptoms from her food poisoning, and can't enjoy a normal diet even now.
And while married life was supposed to start lying beside a pool or on golden beaches, these newlyweds spent most of it in a hotel bathroom.