Hail is not unusual during a British summer as it's produced in the towering thunderstorm clouds that often build up during the season. However it can quickly turn a summer scene into a wintry wonderland.
That's what happened in Belton near Great Yarmouth in Norfolk on Saturday 23 August 2014 at the start of the Late Summer Bank Holiday weekend.
These pictures were sent in by ITV Anglia viewers Lesley Chalmers and John Welsby:
- You can send your weather pictures or images of the scenery in the Anglia region to email@example.com
Temperatures fell close to freezing in the Anglia region during the early hours of the morning on Sunday 24 August 2014.
It dropped to 2.2°C at Santon Downham in Suffolk.
These are the minimum temperatures recorded in the Anglia region on Saturday night into Sunday morning:
- 2.2°C in Santon Downham, Suffolk
- 3.7°C in Writtle, Essex
- 4.0°C in Wattisham, Suffolk
- 4.2°C in Woburn, Bedfordshire
- 5.0°C in Norwich
- 5.3°C in Stowe, Buckinghamshire
- 5.4°C in Marham, Norfolk
- 5.8°C in Cavendish, Suffolk
- 5.9°C in Andrewsfield, Essex
- 5.9°C in Cambridge
- 6.2°C in Northampton
- 6.3°C in Wittering, Cambs
The average minimum temperature in the Anglia region during August should be around 12°C.