South Cambridgeshire has been named as one of the top ten place to live in the UK for the best quality of life in a new survey from the Halifax.
The area which surrounds Cambridge and includes places like Duxford and Linton came in at number six. It's closest rival was St Albans in Hertfordshire in eight place.
Further down the list was South Northamptonshire at number sixteen and Rutland in 28th place.
In Essex, Uttlesford, Maldon and Babergh came in at 35th, 36th and 38th with East Hertfordshire at 47th.
The Top ten places are listed below:
- 1- Winchester, South East
- 2 - Orkney Islands, Scotland
- 3- Wychavon, West Midlands
- 4- Derbyshire Dales, East Midlands
- 5- Hambleton, Yorkshire and the Humber
- 6- South Cambridgeshire, East of England
- 7- Purbeck, South West
- 8- St Albans, Hertfordshire
- 9- Wokingham, South East
- 10- Chiltern, South East
The place with the best quality of life in the East of England was also South Cambridgeshire.