A long-serving politician, an Olympic cyclist, a sixties pop star and an England footballer are among the people in Hertfordshire awarded honours.
Baroness Shirley Williams has been made a Companion of Honour in the Queen's New Year's Honours. She was a Labour MP in Hertfordshire for 15 years for Stevenage and Hitchin.
Baroness Williams went on to be a founding member of the Social Democratic Party before becoming President of the Liberal Democrats.
She has been a leading figure in British political life for over fifty years. As Labour Education Secretary she introduced the Comprehensive School system. She was also a Professor at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Baroness Williams helped write the constitutions of post-Gorbachev Russia, South Africa and Ukraine.
Companion of the Order of the Bath
- Jonathan Russell HR Director, HR Services, Department for Work and Pensions. For public and voluntary service to the Public Sector and the community in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire (Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire)
- Laura Kenny OBE For services to Cycling. Laura Trott (Cheshire) Brought up in Hertfordshire
- Edward Webb Lately Deputy Director, Tissue, Embryology, Donation and Sponsorship, Department of Health. For services to Health Science. (St Albans, Hertfordshire)
- Jennifer Fowler Senior Advisory Lawyer, Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber), HM Courts and Tribunal Service. For services to the Administration of Justice. (Welwyn, Hertfordshire)
- Catherine Large Lately Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Creative and Cultural Skills. For services to the Creative Economy. (Harpenden, Hertfordshire)
- Sara Lewis Head of Prosecutions, Metropolitan Police. For services to Criminal Justice Services. (Watford, Hertfordshire)
- Dr Claire Breay Head of Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts, British Library. For services to Medieval History. (Harpenden, Hertfordshire)
- Graham Cook Manager, Albin International Repatriation. For services to the Armed Forces. (Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire)
- Howard Guard For services to charity and the community in Hertfordshire. (Radlett, Hertfordshire)
- Alexandra Scott Defender, England Women and Arsenal Ladies. For services to Football. (Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire)
- Jessica Stretton For services to Archery. (Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire)
- Marty Wilde For services to Popular Music. (Tewin, Hertfordshire)
- Giles Barker Chair, Staff Network Group for Disability, Transport for London. For services to Transport in London and the Armed Forces Covenant. (King's Langley, Hertfordshire)
- Janet Bird For services to the community in Hertford, Hertfordshire. (Hertfordshire)
- Diane Croston Chair of Governors, Morgans Primary School and Nursery, Hertfordshire. For services to Education. (Hertfordshire)
- Diana Gee For services to the community in Hunsdon, Hertfordshire. (Ware, Hertfordshire)
- Ann Rudeforth For services to the community in Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire. (St. Albans, Hertfordshire)
- Cynthia Stroud Founder and Director, Cakes by Cynthia and Pretty Gorgeous Cakes. For services to Business and the community in Hertfordshire. (Hertfordshire)
- Vera Thrussell For services to the community in Pirton, Hertfordshire. (Hertfordshire)