More than a billion pounds of road improvements in the East of England will take a small step forward over the next three months - with the launch of a series of public consultations.
The eight schemes - covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire - were first announced by the government in December 2014.
The start of the consultations are the very first step in the improvement works and anyone with an interest in the schemes - whether they live near them, drive on them or rely on them for trade - is being urged to make their views known.
Widening of the A12 between Chelmsford and the A120 will be the first project to get underway - with a consultation launching on January 23.
The other schemes are:
- A428 from Caxton Gibbet to Black Cat roundabout. Improvement works in Bedfordfordshire. Consultation begins in March 2017.
- A47 from Wansford to Sutton. Dualling between the A1 and the current dual carriageway west of Peterborough. Consultation begins March 2017.
- A47 Guyhirn junction. Creation of a new, larger junction linking the A47 and A141. March 2017.
- A47 North Tuddenham to Easton. Dualling of the single carriageway between Norwich and Dereham. March 2017.
- A47/A11 Thickthorn junction. Improvement works. March 2017.
- A47 Blofield to North Burlingham. Dualling of the single carriageway between Norwich and the Acle Straight. March 2017.
- A47/A12. Improvements to junctions in Great Yarmouth including reconstruction of Vauxhall roundabout. March 2017.