The East of England Ambulance service is facing one of its busiest days of the year.
It has been dubbed as Black Friday by crews.
They are expecting a surge in calls in connection with Christmas parties and nights out.
Last year the East of England Ambulance Service took more than three thousand calls in one day.
Do you have a Christmas party tonight? Read these top tips from the ambulance service
- Eat before drinking: Make sure you eat before you go out or start your night somewhere that serves meals or snacks. It’ll provide more energy, and lessen your hangover the next day.
- Try pacing and spacing: Having a soft drink or some water between alcohol drinks slows the rate of your drinking.
- Drink smaller drinks: A large glass of wine in most bars is equivalent to a third of a bottle! Keep a check on how much you’re drinking: The ‘One You Drinks Tracker’ will help you keep track of how much you are drinking and spending.
- Look after each other: Look after your friends and colleagues and make sure you know how you are getting home at the end of the night.
- Plan your journey home: Don’t leave it to chance—think about how you’re going to get home, and who with, before you go out. Make arrangements before you start drinking, and make sure you don’t get left to walk home alone