A 26-year-old from Cambridge has been arrested on suspicion of preparing acts of terror and being part of banned far-right group National Action.
He was one of six people – four other men and a woman – taken into custody by West Midlands Police.
A number of properties are also being searched in connection with the arrests.
The six people arrested are:
- a 26-year-old from Cambridge
- a 21-year-old from Banbury, Oxfordshire
- a 37-year-old woman from Banbury, Oxfordshire
- a 28-year-old from Wolverhampton
- a 26-year-old from Leicester
- a 24-year-old from Stockport
National Action is a far-right organisation based in the UK, defined as a terror group by the government.
All six alleged members arrested are being held at a police station in the West Midlands.
They are the latest in a wave of arrests since the group was banned by the Government.