Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Colchester shops evacuated in gas leak

Four shops on Long Wyre Street were evacuated Credit: ITV News

Four shops on Long Wyre Street, Colchester were evacuated during a gas leak this morning (February 13).

Firefighters were called to the scene just before 10am this morning. When they arrived they found a smoking fuse board in a shop.

They evacuated the shop, three stores nearby and set up a 60 meter cordon while the gas board made the area safe.

Fire crews left the scene just before noon after using thermal imaging cameras to make sure there were no hotspots.