Live updates

Woburn Safari Park fire started 'accidentally in generator'

All 13 Patas monkeys died at Woburn Safari Park Credit: ITV News Anglia

A fire at a zoo in Bedfordshire which killed 13 monkeys was accidental, the fire service has confirmed.

The fire broke out in the Jungle Enclosure of Woburn Safari Park around 2.37am overnight.

When firefighters arrived, the roof of the building had already collapsed.

The fire was in the monkey house where they are kept at night during the winter months.

Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Following our fire investigation at Woburn Safari Park we have concluded that it is likely that the fire started accidentally in a generator."

Dog killed after 'eating dead fish' on Norfolk beach

Dog-walkers are being urged to take care when walking their pets

People have been warned to be careful while walking their dogs on the beach on the north-Norfolk coast, after a dog was killed after reportedly eating a "dead fish that had washed up".

The Hunstanton RNLI confirmed a dog died just an hour after ingesting one on Cley beach.

They're urging people to keep a close eye on their animals while on a beach stroll.


Seven-foot snake found dumped in a pillow case

The seven-foot long boa constrictor Credit: RSPCA

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a jogger found a snake dumped inside a pillow case on in St Neots.

The seven-foot long boa constrictor was found in bushes by a footpath in Riverside Park.

RSPCA inspector Stephen Reeves said: “Sadly this is not unusual for us to be called to collect an abandoned snake. We believe people are unaware of how much of a commitment these animals are, and once they grow in size they can no longer cope."

The snake has been taken to South Essex Wildlife Hospital for care and will remain there until a new home can be found.

Anyone with information as to who may own the snake or who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously is urged to call the RSPCA appeal line on 0300 123 8018.


Officers save dog found abandoned on roadside

The fawn coloured mongrel was found by officers from the Beds, Cambs & Herts Roads Policing Unit Credit: BCH Roads Policing/Twitter

A dog has been saved from freezing to death after being rescued by police officers in Cambridgeshire.

The mixed breed greyhound was abandoned at the side of the road on a rural road on Sunday.

Officers say he may have not survived the night in the freezing conditions.

He was found by officers from the Beds, Cambs & Herts Roads Policing Unit and is now in a warm and safe place.

Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on 101.

Polluted coastlines: Essex and Suffolk have some of the worst

New figures show record levels of litter on our beaches.

Research from the Marine Conservation Society found that Essex and Suffolk have some of the most polluted coastlines in the country.

The results were from the 'Great British Beach Clean' and experts warn if the problem isn't tackled it will have devastating effects on wildlife and could even enter our food chain.

Watch ITV News Anglia's Becky Jago interviewing Luca Bonaccorsi from the Marine Conservation Society.

Load more updates