Pair jailed over MK shootings

A jury has found two men guilty of murdering two teenagers in a row over drugs in Milton Keynes.

Live updates

Gun deaths: Statement from Amin Ahmed Ismail’s family

Amin Ahmed Ismail

Statement released on behalf on Amin Ahmed Ismail’s family, which was read outside Luton Crown Court today (11/1).

“Amin was my only son and his death has had a devastating effect on me, his sisters and his family.

“Amin was growing up to be the man of the house and the day before this tragedy happened he said one of his ambitions was to be able provide for his family.

"He was living with his older sister in Coventry so he could study a business course and go to university.

"He was very mature and people thought of him as older than his actual age.

“He was a loving son and brother who has never been involved in drugs and did not drink alcohol. He liked football and supported Arsenal.

“He always had a smile on his face and was a happy person who could light up a room. He will always be in our thoughts.

“We are relieved that justice has been done. These three men carried out an evil act and are a danger to the community.

"We want them to remain in prison and don’t want them to be allowed to hurt any other family like they have hurt us.

“We are disappointed that the third defendant was found not guilty, as we feel justice has not been done with respect to him.

“We would like to thank the jury for coming to the right decision and all the witnesses who gave evidence, as well as the Fishermead community.

“We would also like to thank the investigation team at Thames Valley Police for all their work and support they have provided to me and my family.”

Gun deaths: Statement from Mohamed Farah's family

Mohamed Farah

Mohamed’s father Hassan Abdi Farah said: “On 26 May 2011 my son and his friend Amin Ismail were both violently and mercilessly shot. This was a planned murder and they were repeatedly shot to make sure they did not survive.

“The two people convicted for this crime have wrongly and unlawfully slaughtered our children.

“We are not happy the third defendant was found not guilty, as we feel justice was not done with him.

“Before 26 May 2011, my family and I were happy and peaceful and had plans and inspirations for businesses, education and work. After Mohamed’s death we suffered a painful tragedy which wiped out all these plans, denied us sleep and caused us permanent anger and stress.

“Mohamed and Amin’s killers have not shown remorse. They have laughed when speaking about the evil things they have carried out and have shown no human feeling. They should never be released.

“Mo was a polite, good mannered boy who was respectful and good in education. Mo liked people and enjoyed life. He laughed and played and called everyone he met his friend.

“I am sure Mo was not a drug dealer, as it has been suggested, and I am sure he was not killed because of drugs.

“We will never forgive Mohamed’s killers and we don’t care which tribes they belong to. Murder is murder.

“The family would like to thank the Fishermead community and the wider community for assisting the police with the investigation, as well as all the witnesses who gave evidence and helped to secure these convictions.

“We would like to also thank the investigation team, Rob Mason and Mark Morton, as well as the family liason officers Nikki Smith and Iain Roberts, for their help and support over the last 18 months.”


Life in prison for gun killers

Two drug dealers who gunned down two young men in Milton Keynes have been sentenced to life in prison.

Mohammed Farah and his friend Amin Ishmail were shot execution-style after Mr Farrah allegedly sold drugs belonging to a local dealer.

Today, Fuad Awale who pulled the trigger was told he would serve a minimum of 38 years in prison.

His accomplice Sharrmake Abdulkadir received a 32-year sentence. Matthew Hudson sent this report from Luton Crown Court.

Pair jailed for execution-style shootings

Victims: Mohamed Farah and Amin Ismail

A pair of drug dealers who murdered two teenagers in an execution style shooting over a 'drug turf' grievance have been jailed for life today.

Fuad Awale, 25 was told he will have to serve a minimum of 38 years in prison and his accomplice, Sharmake Abdulkadir, 22 will serve a minimum of 32 years.

The two Somalians shot fellow countrymen Mohamed Farah,known as Moh, and Amin Ismail in an alleyway between houses on Fishermead Boulevard, Milton Keynes on May 26 2011.

Justice Nicol told Awale; "I am sure it was you who pulled a gun from your pocket and shot Amin through the head.

"Amin had done nothing to you. Your purpose in shooting him seems to have been twofold. First, so that he should not live to see what you were about to do to Moh. Second to make Moh scared, very scared about what was to happen to him.

Before the killings Awale and Abdulkadir had travelled together to Holland where the murder weapon - a Belgian automatic pistol - was obtained.

Abdulkadir was no stranger to firearms. He had three convictions for gun related crime in Holland.

Awale, of Cranesbill Place, Conniburrow and Abdulkadir of The Fleet, Springfield both went into the witness box and blamed each other.

They were both found guilty of two charges of murder and Abdulkadir was found guilty of possession of a firearm.

A third man, Yahya Harun, 22 from Fishermead Boulevard pleaded not guilty to both murders and was cleared by the jury.


Back to top

Latest ITV News reports