- 4 updates
Detectives are continuing investigations into the death of a 19-year-old man at Witham.
Bradley Cockel was found dead at a flat in Bramble Road. It's thought he took a drug that had been poorly-produced. A post mortem examination has proved inconclusive and further tests are being carried out.
A 19-year-old from Braintree, who was arrested today in connection with the investigation remains in custody. Three other men who were arrested have been bailed. Detectives are warning people there could be more of the rogue drug in circulation.
The drug looks like a white crystal powder (similar to sugar) and has a hallucinogenic effect. The drug can be taken orally or ingested nasally. Anyone who has any should avoid using it. Anyone with information should contact their local police station or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
The family of the 19-year-old man who died following a drugs incident at Witham have urged others not to fall into the same trap. Bradley Cockel, from Braintree, is thought to have died after taking an LSD related drug called 2CE from a crudely-produced batch.
A man who died after a drugs incident in Witham in the early hours of Saturday April 27 has been named as Bradley Cockel, who lived in Braintree. Police believe he may have taken contaminated drugs. Bradley’s parents have paid tribute to him as a 'loving and beautiful son and brother'.
Essex police say a post mortem examination and toxicology tests will be carried out later today to establish how a teenager found dead in a flat in Witham died.It's thought he took a crudely-made version of the LSD related drug 2CE.
Detectives are warning there could be similar batches of the drug in circulation. It looks like a white crystal powder (similar to sugar) and has a hallucinogenic type of effect. It is believed to be known by the name 2CE. The drug can be taken orally or ingested nasally.