Harlow killer gets life

Mark Golds has been sentenced to life for the murder of his partner Claire Parrish in Harlow last year.

Live updates

Mark Golds to spend at least 15 years in jail

Mark Golds will spend a minimum of 15 years in prison

Mark Golds has been sentenced to life in prison with a minimum term of 15 years for the murder of his partner, Claire Parrish in their home in Harlow last year.

The 46-year-old had a history of mental health problems and pleaded guilty to manslaughter on grounds on diminished responsibility but he was found guilty of murder yesterday.

37-year-old Claire Parrish was found with a variety of injuries at a house on Copshall Close on July 15 last year.

A provisional post-mortem examination showed she died after being struck in the stomach.

46-year-old Mark Golds was charged with one count of murder and was sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court.

Claire Parrish was murdered


Man due in court charged with Harlow murder

A 45-year-old man will appear in court tomorrow (July 18) charged with the murder of a woman in her home in Harlow, Essex.

Police were called to a property on Copshall Close on Sunday (July 15) to find a man and a woman injured.

They were taken to hospital where the woman, Claire Parrish, later died. Police have charged Mark Gold, also of Copshall Close with her murder.

He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court.

Stabbing victim named

A woman who died after being stabbed in her Essex home has been named by police.

Claire Parrish was found badly injured at her home in Copshall Close, Harlow, on Sunday after police were called to reports of a stabbing.

The 37 year old was taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital where she died from internal bleeding.

A 45-year-old man from Harlow, who was also found injured in the house, was arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody

Murder victim named

A woman who died at her home in Harlow on Sunday has been formally identified as Claire Parrish, 37.

Miss Parrish, who lived at Copshall Close, died shortly after being admitted to Princess Alexandra Hospital.

A provisional post mortem examination result has shown that the cause of death was "blunt force trauma which caused internal bleeding".

A 45-year-old man from Harlow, who also received treatment at Princess Alexandra Hospital, was arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.


Back to top

Latest ITV News reports