Father's bootleg alcohol warning

The father of an Essex woman says he is desperate to raise awareness of the dangers facing travellers to south-east Asia after his daughter was killed by drinking poisonous alcohol.

Live updates

Father warns of bootleg alcohol dangers

A father whose daughter was poisoned by cheap alcohol she bought while backpacking in Indonesia has made a desperate appeal to warn others of the dangers.

Cheznye Emmons from Great Wakering near Southend fell ill after drinking what she thought was gin.

It turned out to be methanol. Five days later, her life support machine had to be turned off by her family.

Father warns of alcohol dangers

Cheznye Emmons, who died after drinking poisonous alcohol in Indonesia Credit: Family photo

The father of an Essex woman says he is desperate to raise awareness of the dangers facing travellers to south-east Asia after his daughter was killed by drinking poisonous alcohol.

Cheznye Emmons was on holiday in Indonesia with her boyfriend, when they bought a bottle of gin containing methanol. Her father has recently travelled back to the country to try to stop shops selling the lethal substance.

Advertisement

Back to top