- 4 updates
Govia has welcomed today’s announcement by the Department for Transport to award the Go-Ahead 65% / Keolis 35% joint venture the Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern franchise.
This is the largest rail franchise in the UK in terms of passenger numbers, trains, revenue, and staff.
The TSGN will serve London as well as a number of important regional centres,including Cambridge, Luton and Peterborough.
It also provides direct rail links to major airports as well as St Pancras International and Farringdon station for links to Heathrow and Crossrail in due course.
- New trains - introducing three new train fleets
- More services – 10,000 additional morning peak seats into London
- Increasing capacity – 50% more passenger capacity created
- Better connections – up to 24 trains per hour through the Thameslink core in peak periods
- Station enhancement – £50m investment in improving facilities
Latest ITV News reports
More trains, more seats and millions of pounds of station refurbishments are promised as new firm takes on region's busiest rail network
The Department for Transport has announced the new Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern rail franchise will be run by Govia.