Kettering couple suffer nightmare honeymoon

A couple from Northamptonshire are taking legal action against a travel company after their honeymoon was blighted by illness.

Latest ITV News reports

Northamptonshire couple distraught as honeymoon turns into a disaster

Xanta Watts was hospitalised for a week.
Xanta Watts was hospitalised for a week. Credit: ITV News Anglia

A couple from Northamptonshire are taking legal action against a travel company after their honeymoon was blighted by illness.

Xanta and Paul Watts from Kettering were staying at a resort on Koh Yao Noi Island in Thailand when Xanta became seriously ill with food poisoning and was hospitalised for a week.

She contracted Paratyphoid which is a disease caused by the Salmonella bacteria.

The couple are planning legal action.
The couple are planning legal action. Credit: ITV News Anglia

"I've never actually felt that ill in my life," Xanta Watts told ITV News Anglia.

"Some days I would just cry because I felt so disappointed that this had happened. I felt trapped because I was on a deserted island."

Advertisement