Houses damaged after gas cylinder explodes

Four houses and a garage at Bletchley near Milton Keynes have been damaged after a gas cylinder exploded. Two people suffered minor injuries.

Live updates

Cylinder safety warning after gas explosion destroys several houses in Buckinghamshire

Two houses and a garage were on fire and another two had blast damage.

The fire service is urging people to store gas cylinders safely, following an explosion which destroyed a garage and damaged several houses in Buckinghamshire.

The explosion happened yesterday morning in Turnberry Close in Bletchley, causing a fire and forcing some homes to be evacuated.

The fire service say gas cylinders should be stored outdoors, not in sheds or garages.

"It was like a thunderbolt!": eyewitness describes explosion

An investigation is underway after an explosion and fire in a residential street in Bletchley this morning left a scene of devastation. Miraculously nobody was hurt.

Four fire engines were called to Turnberry Close about half four in the morning, and four homes had to be evacuated.

Two houses and a garage were on fire and another two had blast damage. The fire started after a gas cylinder exploded, as Elodie Harper reports:

Advertisement

Four houses damaged when gas cylinder explodes

YouTube video footage by @Bizibugdevon

Two houses and a garage were damaged by fire and two other houses suffered roof damage when a gas cylinder exploded in a garage at Bletchley near Milton Keynes early this morning. Four homes were evacuated.

Fire crews were called to Turnberry Close at a quarter to five.Firefighters used three jets and four sets of breathing apparatus. Two elderly people were taken to hospital with minor injuries.

Back to top