- 151 updates
The Anglia region has been basking in warm May sunshine as temperatures peak above 22°C (72°F).
The highest temperature recorded in the region was 22.5°C at Writtle in Essex. The hottest place in the UK was St James' Park in London at 22.7°C.
The average daytime temperature in May in the Anglia region is 16-17°C.
- 22.4°C in Shoeburyness, Essex
- 21.8°C in Santon Downham, Suffolk
- 21.5°C in Holbeach, Lincolnshire
Warm humid conditions have sparked thundery downpours in the south of the Anglia region in parts of south Bedfordshire and north Hertfordshire spreading into Essex and Suffolk.
The Met Office says the risk of thunderstorms could last into Sunday evening with the potential for localised surface water flooding. Heavy showers could hit any part of the Anglia region.
Nearly 5 mm of rain was recorded in one hour at 4pm in Harpenden in Hertfordshire.
Temperatures in the Anglia region at 4pm on Sunday 3 May 2015
- 20.4°C in Santon Downham, Suffolk
- 19.2°C in Weybourne, Norfolk
- 19.0°C in Monks Wood near Sawtry, Cambs
- 18.9°C in Cavendish, Suffolk
- 18.9°C at Norwich Airport
- Please send any pictures to email@example.com
Latest ITV News reports
The Anglia region looks likely to enjoy a drier and sunnier spring than normal in 2015 although temperatures are near normal.
It should be a dry night tonight and sunny to start on Sunday before the rain creeps in.