- 477 updates
The Met Office have issued a yellow weather warning saying heavy downpours could see 20 to 30 mm of rain in an hour.
They say Monday morning's showers will become more widespread and often heavy and thundery by the afternoon with some locations seeing lightning, hail and strong gusts.
Many areas may miss the downpours and stay largely dry, however. The showers will ease by late evening.
What to expect
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings.
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
The Met Office has upgraded its thunderstorm warning for East Anglia to amber.
The Met Office says heavy thunderstorms are likely and torrential downpours are possible with as much as 30 mm of rainfall in 1 hour and 60 mm in 3 hours.
Large hail, frequent lightning and strong, gusty winds will be additional hazards.
The amber warning is in force from 2pm until 8pm but a yellow warning will stay in place until 2am on Saturday
What to expect
- Flooding of homes and businesses is likely and could happen quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is likely, causing danger to life
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, delays and some cancellations to train and bus services are likely
- Spray and sudden flooding probably leading to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Power cuts likely to occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
- Some communities may become cut off if roads flood
Latest ITV News reports
A chilly start with some sunshine. Turning warmer allowing the cloud to build.
A chilly night to come but dry fine and sunny tomorrow, with some fair weather cloud developing.