- 8 updates
Tulisa Contostavlos has been found guilty of assaulting celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan.
Mr Morgan - who has joined the cast of ITV2 series The Only Way Is Essex - said after the conclusion of the case: "I'm pleased we can finally put an end to this and move on. "It's been a difficult time for everyone involved and I'd just like to put it behind me. I've had my character questioned and now feel vindicated by the verdict."
Former X Factor judge Tulisa asserted her innocence after today's verdict, in a statement she said:
The Crown Prosecution Service for the East of England has issued a statement over the prosecution of Former N-Dubz singer and X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos.
Senior District Crown Prosecutor, for the Crown Prosecution Service in the East of England, Sarah Asbrey said:
Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been convicted of assaulting a celebrity blogger at a music festival.
The N-Dubz star hit Savvas Morgan during an altercation at V Festival in Essex.
She was found guilty by a judge at Stratford Magistrates' Court today.
After being convicted of the assault, Contostavlos was ordered to pay a total of £3,020. This consisted of a £2,700 contribution towards the cost of the prosecution, a £200 fine, a £100 compensation to Mr Morgan and a £20 victim surcharge.
Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been convicted of assaulting a celebrity blogger at an Essex music festival.
The N-Dubz star hit Savvas Morgan during an altercation at the V Festival in Chelmsford.
She was found guilty by a judge at Stratford Magistrates' Court in London today.
Her assistant, Gareth Varey, was cleared of using threatening behaviour during the incident in August last year.
Earlier this week, a drugs trial against Contostavlos collapsed at Southwark Crown Court after the judge said there were "strong grounds" to believe that undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood - known as the Fake Sheikh - had lied in the witness box
Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been convicted by a judge at Stratford Magistrates' Court of assaulting a celebrity blogger at a music festival.
Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has arrived at court to find out the verdict of an assault charge against her.
Contostavlos, 26, who saw a trial involving drugs allegations collapse on Monday, is now set to discover her fate regarding an alleged incident at V Festival in Essex in August last year.
Celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan claims the former N-Dubz star hit him during an altercation.
Contostavlos is accused of assault alongside her assistant Gareth Varey, 28, who is accused of threatening behaviour.
The pair, both of Royal Drive, Friern Barnet, north London, deny the charges against them.
The hearing, which will now go into its fifth day, was adjourned and transferred from Chelmsford Magistrates' Court three weeks ago.
Latest ITV News reports
Singer Tulisa Contostavlos has denied an assault charge linked to claims she punched a blogger at a music festival in Essex.