- 2 updates
A fire at a zoo in Bedfordshire which killed 13 monkeys was accidental, the fire service has confirmed.
The fire broke out in the Jungle Enclosure of Woburn Safari Park around 2.37am overnight.
When firefighters arrived, the roof of the building had already collapsed.
The fire was in the monkey house where they are kept at night during the winter months.
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Following our fire investigation at Woburn Safari Park we have concluded that it is likely that the fire started accidentally in a generator."
Latest ITV News reports
The fire broke out in the drive-through monkey enclosure in the early hours of the 2nd January.