Live updates

Police watchdog to investigate delay over sex crime doctor

The Independent Police Complaints Commission will investigate the delay in information about Dr Myles Bradbury being passed on to police.

The National Crime Agency says the decision follows a review into procedures.

It emerged yesterday that information about Dr Bradbury from Toronto Police was sent to the child sex investigation agency CEOPS but not passed on to police here for another 16 months.

Mother's anguish after hearing the doctor treating her child for cancer had been abusing patients

A mother has spoken about her fears after a doctor who treated her son admitted 25 sex offences against children in his care.

Paediatrician Myles Bradbury, who worked at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, has admitted assaulting patients as young as eight years old.

More than 800 families have been contacted by authorities to warn them their children could have been at risk and the police say people are continuing to come forward with allegations of abuse.

A helpline has been set up for anyone affected by this story - the number is 0800 389 8625.

Advertisement

800 families contacted over abuse doctor

Dr Myles Bradbury. Credit: PA

It's emerged that the families of 800 children treated by a doctor who's admitted sex assaults have been contacted by authorities.

Paediatrian Dr Myles Bradbury, from Suffolk, preyed on children as young as eight.

He pleaded guilty to 25 sex offences against children at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday.

Dr Bradbury worked at Addenbrooke's Hospital and also held clinics in Ipswich and Colchester.

The families of children who attended these have also been contacted.

Sex abuse doctor: 'I'm so sorry'

Dr Myles Bradbury uttered just three words when he left court after pleading guilty to a string of sex offences against young boys he was treating at Addenbrooke's Hospital.

As he left Cambridge Crown Court, Bradbury told reporters: "I'm so sorry." He refused to answer further questions.

Bradbury was bailed and told he would have to sign the sex offenders register. No date for sentencing was given but the judge said Bradbury could expect a "substantial" custodial sentence.

VIDEO: Dr Bradbury faces a barrage of questions from reporters after leaving court

Addenbrooke's launch helpline after doctor guilty of sex offences

Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge has opened a helpline for patients affected by the case of paediatric consultant Dr Myles Bradbury who's pleaded guilty to a string of sex offences against children.

  • Addenbrooke's helpline - 0800 389 8625

The hospital says: "If you feel you have been affected by this case and would like to speak to someone, please contact our PALS team on 01223 216 756"

The helpline is open until 9pm on Monday 15 September and then between 9am and 5pm from Tuesday 16 September until Tuesday 23 September.

The hospital says they are working closely with the NSPCC and its 24-hour helpline number is 0808 800 5000.

Hospital doctor guilty of sex offences against children

Paediatric haematologist Dr Myles Bradbury, 41, from Suffolk, arrives at Cambridge Crown Court. Credit: Chris Radburn/ PA Wire

A children's doctor who used to work at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge has pleaded guilty to a string of sexual offences against boys. some as young as 11.

Paediatric haematologist Dr Myles Bradbury, 41, from Suffolk, pleaded guilty to 25 of 27 counts.

The judge at Cambridge Crown Court has asked for pre-sentencing reports, including a request for a psychiatric report

Advertisement

Police investigate baby death in Cambridge hospital

Police are investigating the death of a baby in a Cambridge hospital who contracted an infection from a suspected contaminated drip.

The baby died at the Rosie Maternity Hospital at Addenbrookes in July. The Metropolitan Police have launched a criminal investigation into the deaths of two other babies at Guy's hospital in London in June. They're also working with Cambridgeshire police.

The infection was traced to a batch of contaminated drips. A spokesman said police were not investigating the health trusts involved.

Baby given contaminated feed at Addenbrooke's Hospital has died

A baby given contaminated feed at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge has died. Credit: ITV News Anglia

Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge has confirmed that a baby given a suspected contaminated nutrition drip has died.

It's the third baby to die after 23 became ill after the incident was first reported.

A spokesman for the Cambridge University Hospital Trust said: "We can confirm that a baby has died after receiving contaminated nutritional fluid (TPN). Our thoughts are with the family and we are supporting them during this very difficult and emotional time."

Two other babies who were ill are stable and reported to be doing well. The hospital says it's confident that no other newborns have contracted the bug, bacillus cereus.

The spokesman added: "“A consultant neonatologist has spoken to all of the families on the unit. The babies on the unit have been closely monitored for any signs of infection since we withdraw the contaminated feed."

Court of Appeal rules DNR patient's rights were violated

The Court of Appeal has ruled that a woman's rights were violated when a "do not resuscitate" notice was placed on her records at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, without her being consulted.

David Tracey, says his late wife was subjected to an unlawful DNR order at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge. The hospital is accused of breaching the human rights of terminally ill Janet Tracey, 63, because it did not consult her before the order was placed on her records.

Load more updates