A former BBC presenter was today described as a 'dominant predator trying to lure boys into his world'.
The claim was made at Norwich Crown Court by Andrew Shaw, the prosecuting barrister in the case of Mike Souter, who is accused of 19 offences against seven boys over a 20 year period.
In his closing speech, Mr Shaw said:
"He has spent six days in the witness box, rowing against the tide.
"He is a wolf in sheep's clothing" - and he likened him to characters in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
"He has all the allure of the toy maker but all the menace of the child catcher."
60-year-old Mike Souter has pleaded not guilty to the charges and also denies nine other offences of possessing indecent images.
Later on Mr Souter's barrister Andrew Hill spoke on his behalf. He said the prosecution counsel was a fantastic story teller but these allegations were fantasy.
Mr Souter, he said, had been attacked for his lifestyle and his taste but that doesn't mean he's a deviant. He might like dressing up in uniform but he doesn't have a penchant for little boys.
Mr Hill claimed the alleged victims had conspired against him.
The judge is expected to sum up in the case tomorrow.
A former BBC presenter accused of serious sexual offences against boys has apologised for comments made about the Judge in his trial.
Michael Souter had claimed there was a conspiracy against him.
The 60-year-old broadcaster has also said sorry for questioning the professional integrity of the prosecution barrister.
Click below to watch a report from ITV News Anglia's Malcolm Robertson
A former BBC presenter, accused of serious sexual offences against boys, has apologised to the Judge in his trial for comments made about him while he gave evidence.
In a written statement read out by his barrister at Norwich Crown Court, Michael Souter asked for the comments to be withdrawn.
He'd alleged Judge Mark Lucraft QC had previous knowledge of or knew witnesses in the case.
60-year-old Mr Souter from Loddon near Norwich, denies 19 charges of sexually abusing boys between 1979 and 1999. He's also pleaded not guilty to possessing or making indecent images of children.
In front of the jury, the defendant also issued a verbal apology to Prosecution Counsel Andrew Shaw for comments made about him.
"Matters got a bit heated and I called into question his professional integrity for which I apologise unreservedly. I ask that those comments are withdrawn."
Michael Souter worked for Radio Clyde in Scotland before moving to BBC Radio Norfolk in 1980. He's now involved in PR and media training.
The trial resumes, with the defendant continuing to be cross examined by Mr Shaw.
A former BBC radio presenter on trial for a series of child sex offences told a court indecent images found on his computer were sent to him by Police.
Michael Souter, who's 60 and from Loddon in Norfolk, today accused police of getting indecent images of children sent to him.
He claimed never to have seen them and said they'd appeared "as if by magic" on his computer.
Souter denies 19 sex offences against seven boys aged between 11 and 16. The incidents are alleged to have taken place between 1979 and 1999.
The trial is continuing at Norwich Crown Court today (Tuesday) of a former BBC radio presenter accused of serious sex offences against young boys.
60-year-old Mike Souter from Loddon near Norwich is answering allegations that he abused boys aged between 11 and 16 between 1999 and 2009.
The prosecution claim he is a deviant sexual abuser of boys, but he denies this. He admits that a boy performed a sex act on him and he liked to act out fantasies of wearing a school uniform and being spanked by someone in authority, but was 'flabbergasted' to hear he'd been accused of abuse.
The court has heard that Mike Souter was in the Royal Navy before working for BBC Radio Norfolk in 1980. He later set up his own media relations company and recently has been working as a travel writer.
He's pleaded not guilty to 19 charges of sexual abuse involving seven boys.
The trial continues.
Intimate details of the personal life of a former BBC radio presenter have emerged during his trial today.
Michael Souter was entering the third week of his trial at Norwich Crown Court where he's accused of sexually abusing young boys over a 20 year period.
His defence case opened this afternoon.
Click below to watch a report from ITV News Anglia's Malcolm Robertson
Former BBC radio presenter Michael Souter has started giving evidence at Norwich Crown Court.
The 60-year-old is accused of a series of sexual offences against boys over two decades.
This afternoon, Mr Souter went into the witness box to give his version of events.
He said he liked to dress up as a schoolboy to relieve stress and as a means of escape.
Mr Souter talked about how he was seen as Radio Norfolk's "Action man" when he began working for he station in 1980. He became leader of a Venture Scout group in Norwich, and some of the boys did jobs for him like washing his car.
Through a scheme called 'Link-up', he began mentoring a boy who needed a "blokey" influence in his life.
Mr Souter admitted there was an occasion where a boy performed oral sex on him - but couldn't explain why it happened. The trial resumes.
The trial of a former BBC radio presenter accused of sexual offences against boys over a 20-year period, is continuing today at Norwich Crown Court.
It's alleged that 60-year-old Michael Souter from Loddon near Norwich, abused seven boys aged between 11 and 16-years-old.
Today the jury at Norwich Crown Court was told that Mr Souter had homosexual relationships when he was in the Navy, but had been heterosexual since.
Images of boys had been discovered on his computer, and the prosecution claim that he'd sent e-mails talking about his interest in bondage.
It's alleged that Mr Souter was a deviant sexual abuser of young boys, particularly boys in uniform wearing shorts.
The jury heard that lots of boys shorts and some pornographic magazines had been found at the defendant's house.
He told the police that he liked to dress up in school uniform to regress to a time in his life when he was loved and cared for.
Michael Souter denies 19 charges of child sexual abuse between 1999 and 2009.
He's also pleaded not guilty to nine counts of making and possessing indecent images of children. His defence is expected to begin later today.
A former BBC employee from Norfolk has appeared in court accused of sexual offences against children.
Michael Souter, of Low Bungay Road, Loddon, has been charged with 18 offences relating to boys, plus one offence against a man and one against a woman.
The charges relate to six different boys, including under-14s, and two adults and include serious sexual offences and indecent assault. The offences date back to between 1979 and 1999 and happened in Norfolk.
Outside court, Souter said he looked forward to proving his innocence:
"Irrespective of innocence or guilt, people have judged me before one word has been given in evidence in a court of law. Many people wonder how much coverage would have been given both in the UK and around the world if the letters 'BBC' had not formed part of my CV."