A little girl desperately in need of a bone marrow transplant, is being helped by a family who successfully found their daughter a donor.
Formula One champions Red Bull Racing based at Milton Keynes will be honoured with Freedom of the Borough in a ceremony tonight.
A puppy who was abandoned in a hedge in Norfolk with a note asking for a new home is preparing to move in with his new family.
Reigning Formula One world champions Red Bull will recieve yet another honour later tonight.
The team, which is based in Milton Keynes, will receive the Freedom of the town at a special ceremony tonight.
The prestigious award marks the tremendous success of the four time world champions.
HS2 boss Sir David Higgins has said the project was "vital for the future of the country".He added: "The cost and impact have to be recognised and acknowledged, but so too do the cost and impact of doing nothing.
"Without HS2, the people of this country will continue to face the failures of our transport system on a daily basis.
"This contingency has pushed the price of phase one, from London to Birmingham, up to £21.4 billion with £3 billion for the trains, while the cost of the second phase, taking the line in a Y-shape to north west and north east England is put at £21.2 billion with around £4.5 billion for the trains."
Launching his report in Manchester, Sir David Higgins, HS2's recently appointed chairman, will say that he would like work to start on the second phase at the same time as the first phase.
The second phase, taking the line in a Y-shape to north west and north east England is set for completion around 2032/33. He is also expected to recommend a completely new station at Euston - the site for the line's London terminus.
Sir David, the former London Olympics supremo who has joined HS2 Ltd after being Network Rail chief executive, is also expected to recommend scrapping plans to link HS2 with HS1, the London to Kent coast Channel Tunnel high-speed line.
Business Secretary Vince Cable has said there is a "compelling case" to speed up the extension of the controversial HS2 high speed rail link to the cities of the north.
His intervention came as HS2 chairman Sir David Higgins prepared to outline his plan for an accelerated construction timetable while reducing the cost of the #50 billion infrastructure project.
Sir David, who will publish his report on later, will also issue an appeal to the main political parties to unite behind the scheme.
Two lanes closed and delays of one hour due to accident, a van and two cars involved on M1 Southbound between Newport Pagnell Services and J14 A509 (Milton Keynes). Tailbacks for four miles.
Veteran DJ Dave Lee Travis has said his "nightmare is now going to go on" after learning he faced a retrial on charges of indecent and sexual assault.
Former BBC presenter Travis, 68, was cleared of 12 counts of indecent assault this month but jurors at Southwark Crown Court were unable to reach verdicts on two further charges.
Today, Judge Anthony Leonard heard that prosecutors were seeking a retrial on the two outstanding charges.
Outside court, Travis referred to when he was found not guilty of the 12 counts.
He told reporters: "I told you that I'd been through 18 months of a nightmare and apparently I was wrong because the nightmare is now going to go on."
Prosecutors want DJ Dave Lee Travis to face a retrial on charges of indecent and sexual assault, a court has heard.
Former Chiltern Radio presenter Travis, 68, of Buckinghamshire, was cleared of 12 counts of indecent assault earlier this month.
But jurors at London's Southwark Crown Court were unable to reach verdicts on two further charges and were discharged.
Today, Judge Anthony Leonard heard that prosecutors were seeking a retrial on the outstanding charges of indecent assault and sexual assault.
Prosecutor Miranda Moore QC told the court a retrial was likely to last just over two weeks.
A further hearing is due to take place on March 28.
Veteran DJ Dave Lee Travis, who lives in Buckinghamshire, has been found not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges.
But the jury at London's Southwark Crown Court failed to reach verdicts on two other charges and were discharged.
Travis, 68, showed no reaction as the verdicts were read out, looking straight ahead.
The jury of eight women and four men had been deliberating for around 20 hours after a trial at which the former Top Of The Pops presenter was accused of indecently assaulting 10 women and sexually assaulting another in alleged incidents dating back to 1976 when he was at the height of his fame.
There will be a further hearing at the same court on February 24 to decide if there should be a retrial of the two outstanding charges.