The search of a landfill site by police looking for missing airman Corrie McKeague is set to be extended.
Suffolk Police resumed their trawl of the Milton site in Cambridgeshire on October 23, focusing on an area known as "cell 22".
It was due to last between four and six weeks but, at the end of the fifth week, police have confirmed it will continue for a few more weeks.
A spokesman said the search was "going well".
"It is recognised that whilst the designated search area remains the same, timescales are not set in stone and subject to many variables.
"It is currently anticipated that the search may progress through to early-mid December. We continue to engage with the family to keep them fully informed.”
Mr McKeague disappeared on a night out in Bury St Edmunds in September 2016. He was based at RAF Honington.
Police fear he may have climbed into a bin in the Horseshoe area of the town which was later collected and the waste taken to Milton.
Armed police patrol the region's biggest Christmas market in response to the heightened nation terror threat.Read the full story ›
Sister Laura and Philippa from Bury St Edmunds have beaten the odds by giving birth to their babies on the same dayRead the full story ›
The mother of missing RAF airman Corrie McKeague says there's still no trace of him at a landfill site in Cambridgeshire.
Corrie disappeared on a night out in Bury St Edmunds in September last year.
The search for the 23-year-old restarted nearly one month ago in Milton.
Officers say they've still not found any rubbish from the time Corrie disappeared. A bulldozer has now been bought in to speed up the search.
On Facebook Nicola Urquhart said: "They are also now bringing in a bulldozer to move the searched rubbish, again I have been assured that this will have no negative impact on the quality of the searching but speed the process up."
"For this I am incredibly grateful as it is not easy waiting each day for a possible call. They have still not found any rubbish from the time Corrie disappeared it is still earlier dates up to the 18th of September."
A 55-year-old man arrested in connection with the death of a woman near Bury St Edmunds has been released on police bail.
Julie Feetham, who was 52, was found with serious head injuries at a house in Beyton on Monday evening (13 November).
She was taken to West Suffolk Hospital where she later died.
The 55 year old man, arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, has been released on bail until Thursday 23 November.
A post mortem examination is due to take place on Thursday to establish the cause of death.
A woman in her 50s has died in hospital after she was found with serious head injuries at a house in Suffolk.Read the full story ›
The children of a woman who was "tragically and savagely" murdered by a stalker have brought a damages action over her death.Read the full story ›
A missing girl from Bury St Edmunds has been found.
Police tracked down 14-year-old Chloe Humpage this afternoon (Wednesday November 1). She was reported missing last night having not returned home from school.
A missing 14-year-old girl who did not come home from school on Tuesday (October 31) was last seen 'talking to a male' in Bury St Edmunds, police have said.
Chloe Humpage was around Cornhill, close to Iceland, at about 3.45pm yesterday.
Suffolk Police said she was "seen talking to a male" and it is not know where she went after that.
Chloe is 5ft 4in tall, slim, and has long dark brown hair and a pale complexion. She was wearing a red jumper and blue jeans when she disappeared.
Police investigating the disappearance of RAF gunner Corrie McKeague have "explored all reasonable lines of inquiry", a review has found.Read the full story ›