Live updates

Advertisement

Schoolboy told to 'get his money out and drop it to the floor' during Bury St Edmunds robbery

. Credit: ITV News Anglia.

A 15-year-old was threatened and robbed of £10 as he walked to school in Suffolk.

The victim was on Northgate Avenue close to Blue Bridge in Bury St Edmunds at about 8.05am on Thursday November 23.

"The victim was approached from behind by an unknown person who pressed something into his back. The attacker told the victim to get his money out and to drop it on the floor without turning around."

– Suffolk Police.

The boy placed £10 on the floor and was told to keep walking and not turn around.

The robber was male and wearing a black fabric coat.

Corrie McKeague landfill search will continue 'through to early-mid December'

Corrie McKeague has been missing since September 2016. Credit: Family photo.

The search of a landfill site by police looking for missing airman Corrie McKeague is set to be extended.

Suffolk Police resumed their trawl of the Milton site in Cambridgeshire on October 23, focusing on an area known as "cell 22".

It was due to last between four and six weeks but, at the end of the fifth week, police have confirmed it will continue for a few more weeks.

A spokesman said the search was "going well".

"It is recognised that whilst the designated search area remains the same, timescales are not set in stone and subject to many variables.

"It is currently anticipated that the search may progress through to early-mid December. We continue to engage with the family to keep them fully informed.”

– Suffolk Police spokesman.

Mr McKeague disappeared on a night out in Bury St Edmunds in September 2016. He was based at RAF Honington.

Police fear he may have climbed into a bin in the Horseshoe area of the town which was later collected and the waste taken to Milton.

Advertisement

Corrie McKeague: No trace of airman four weeks into search

Progress by the search team is being reviewed on a week-by-week basis. Credit: Suffolk police/ITV News Anglia

The mother of missing RAF airman Corrie McKeague says there's still no trace of him at a landfill site in Cambridgeshire.

Corrie disappeared on a night out in Bury St Edmunds in September last year.

The search for the 23-year-old restarted nearly one month ago in Milton.

Officers say they've still not found any rubbish from the time Corrie disappeared. A bulldozer has now been bought in to speed up the search.

On Facebook Nicola Urquhart said: "They are also now bringing in a bulldozer to move the searched rubbish, again I have been assured that this will have no negative impact on the quality of the searching but speed the process up."

"For this I am incredibly grateful as it is not easy waiting each day for a possible call. They have still not found any rubbish from the time Corrie disappeared it is still earlier dates up to the 18th of September."

Beyton death: Man bailed after woman found with serious head injuries

The woman was found with serious injuries in Beyton Credit: ITV News Anglia

A 55-year-old man arrested in connection with the death of a woman near Bury St Edmunds has been released on police bail.

Julie Feetham, who was 52, was found with serious head injuries at a house in Beyton on Monday evening (13 November).

She was taken to West Suffolk Hospital where she later died.

The 55 year old man, arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, has been released on bail until Thursday 23 November.

A post mortem examination is due to take place on Thursday to establish the cause of death.

Load more updates