Work to repair a house destroyed in a massive gas explosion in Clacton will start next month.
It happened back in February 2014 on Cloes Lane.
Nine people were injured - two of them seriously. A report last year confirmed it was an "unfortunate accident".
The council says it will take around five months to rebuild the house.
The Clacton MP Douglas Carswell was booed during PMQs today as he tried to thank the Prime Minister.Read the full story ›
ITV News Anglia looks back on a night of drama as the East plays a key role in Britain's exit from the EU.Read the full story ›
Police in Essex want help to find a teenage girl who went missing from Clacton more than three weeks ago.
Saffron Sandford, who is 15 and has distinctive blue hair, has links to east London and Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire.
She is white, 5ft 4in tall, and was last seen wearing blue jeggings, a green parka-style jacket and white trainers.
Officers say they are "growing increasingly concerned for her welfare".
Carer Alliah Howe has been sent to prison for 15 months after stealing £57,000 from an elderly woman who was in a care home.Read the full story ›
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after three people were assaulted in Marine Parade, Clacton.
Police were called at 1.10am on Saturday April 1 to reports of a fight at Tom Peppers bar, which began inside the premises before moving outside.
A 26-year-old man from London suffered a fractured eye socket, a 25-year-old man from Colchester suffered cracked ribs and an eye injury and a 23-year-old man from Clacton suffered a minor hand injury.
Two men aged 22 and 27 from Clacton were arrested on suspicion of assault and released on bail until May 19, pending further inquiries.
A family of five has been left homeless after a fire destroyed their Essex house.
Firefighters were called to Rochford Road at St Osyth, near Clacton, at about 11.15pm on Friday March 11.
It took nearly two hours to put out the blaze which destroyed the first floor of the terraced house and left the ground floor smoke damaged.
The Conservative party is facing questions over allegations it failed to declare tens of thousands of pounds spent on 2014 by-elections, including the election in Clacton.
According to electoral rules, each party is allowed to spend £100,000 on campaigning in a by-election.
But Channel 4 News says it found bills totalling £26,786 in Clacton which would have taken the Tories £10,835 over the limit.
It's claimed the party also broke electoral rules in two other campaigns - Newark and Rochester and Strood.
Channel 4 News says it uncovered £56,866 of undeclared hotel bills in Rochester, which would have taken the party £53,659 over the spending limit.
In Newark it found bills totalling £10,459 in Newark, which would have meant a £6,650 overspend.
The Tories defeated UKIP in Newark, but went on to lose the other two by-elections.
A party spokeswoman said: "All by-election spending has been correctly recorded in accordance with the law."
Ukip's Clacton MP Douglas Carswell told Channel 4 News: "It's shocking ... It's simply intolerable. You have to have a law to make sure you don't have unfair advantage.
"We need to look at whether the Electoral Commission should have the right powers. I will certainly be raising it (with the commission)."
A major revamp of a landmark site on Clacton seafront has been given the thumbs up.
The £1m plans for a new children's water park on Marine Parade East, as well as extra covered areas for new attractions, will form the third phase of the redevelopment on Clacton Pavillion.
The proposals have been approved by Tendring District Council.
A 90-year-old man who was said to be the oldest DJ in Clacton has been given a suspended sentence after a fatal hit and run.Read the full story ›