The Environment Agency has issued a flood warning for the Cogenhoe Mill Caravan Site. Flooding is expected for the River Nene and immediate action is needed.
It's thought that heavy rain from overnight has resulted in high flows in the Northamptonshire river. It's expected for the high levels to last for at least the next 24 hours. The Environment Agency want people in the low lying areas of Cogenhoe Mill caravan park to:
- Protect themselves & their property
- If it's safe to do so, block doors with flood boards or sandbags & cover airbricks & other ventilation holes.
- If you are caught in a flash flood, get to higher ground. Stay away from flood water & don't take risks.
- Move family, pets & valuables to a safe place.
- Keep a flood kit ready including a torch, batteries, fully charged mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food & any prescription medicines you may need.
- If it's safe, make sure your neighbours are aware of the situation & offer help to others.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Turn off gas, electricity & water if your property is about to flood. Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up-to-date flooding information.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather condition
The Environment Agency are warning that flooding is expected for the River Nene at Cogenhoe Mill Caravan Site.
For the latest developments please check their website here