The woman who discovered the body of Peter Wrighton in woods in Norfolk cried as she gave evidence in court today.Read the full story ›
A rapist who filmed himself as he attacked a woman in her sleep has been jailed for seven and a half years.Read the full story ›
A 35-year-old lorry driver from Bletchley has been jailed for four years following the death of a seven-year-old boy in a crash last year.Read the full story ›
A 28-year-old man from Romania will be deported after he serves a 12-month prison sentence for his part in an assault in Cambridgeshire.Read the full story ›
Three former care workers are due to be sentenced this morning for abusing elderly residents at an Essex home.
It happened at the Old Deanery in Braintree in 2014.
Lorna Hortilano, Adeshola Adediwura, and Anita Ray - all from Braintree - have pleaded guilty to assault.
They will be sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court.
A 34-year-old man from Norfolk has been placed on the sex offenders' register after admitting possessing thousands of indecent images of children.
Gavin Hamilton, of Sea View Rise, Hopton, appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Friday.
He was given a three-year community order, with a three-year supervision order, and will also have to follow an internet sex offender programme.
Hamilton had pleaded guilty to five counts of making indecent images of children at a previous hearing.
Police raided his home in April 2014 and seized items including laptops and memory sticks which were found to hold thousands of images and videos of children.
Councillors in Harlow will be at the High Court today to try and make a temporary ban on travellers permanent.
An unprecedented interim injunction on illegal sites was granted in March preventing travellers from setting up illegal sites across the whole town.
The injunction application seeks the same protection as the interim injunction and would ban 35 named people from setting up unauthorised encampments on any land in Harlow.
A firearms dealer from Norfolk has appeared in court in connection with the discovery of a secret gun room in a Suffolk village.
The prosecution claim 65-year-old Anthony Buckland from Stoke Holy Cross near Norwich was selling prohibited guns. Some were section five firearms which are banned in Britain. He's charged with 20 firearms - linked offences.
Prosecuting barrister Andrew Oliver told the jury at Norwich Crown Court that Mr Buckland has a section five licence which allows him to deactivate weapons but not sell them in this country.
He said the alleged offences came to light after police discovered a large stash of weapons at a house in the Suffolk village of Wyverstone in 2014. They included machine guns, rifles, shotguns and ammunition.
The owner of the property was parish council chairman James Arnold who was arrested in connection with the find but died while awaiting trial.
The prosecution say that five of the firearms found in Mr Arnold's secret gun room were on Anthony Buckland's licence.
When arrested, he said he didn't know how the weapons had ended up in Mr Arnold's possession.
Mr Buckland has denied all the charges against him.
The trial's expected to last up to three weeks.
A jealous ex-husband - jailed for life today life for murdering his former wife's new boyfriend - told police he had lost control due to "emotional turmoil".
Nasser Rezaie, who ran Ali's Taxis in Chelmsford, will serve a minimum of 18 years in prison.
He ran over Allan Frampton on the pavement of Osea Way in Springfield in May this year - reversing five more times as he killed him.
ITV News Anglia reporter Liz Summers was at court this morning. She sent this report.
Police investigating the death of a father of four on a Cambridgeshire travellers' site said they were met by a "wall of silence".Read the full story ›