Detectives in Northamptonshire have released CCTV images of a man they wish to speak to in connection with a series of armed robberies.
Man jailed for 8 years after drug deal goes wrong
ITV News Anglia correspondent Malcolm Robertson reports on how Eddie Maher was brought to justice after 20 years on the run.
Police in Peterborough are trying to re-unite a haul of suspected stolen items with their rightful owners.
The stash, which includes bicycles and power tools, was uncovered at two properties in the Paston area.
They're thought to have been stolen between April and November last year in shed and garage burglaries in the Gunthorpe and Werrington areas.
Drivers are being urged not to leave valuables on display after a spate of thefts from vehicles in Cambridge.
Since January 25th thieves have helped themselves to phones, laptops and tools from 22 cars and vans across the city.
Extra police patrols are being put on in a bid to catch those responsible for the thefts
A 20 year old man has been attacked in Huntingdon.
He was walking along Avenue Road at in the early hours of the Wednesday 30th Jan when he was confronted by two men.
He was threatened with a knife but managed to run off. Police say his attackers may have been injured during the attack.
Police are appealing for witnesses to a distraction burglary that took place in Northampton.Two men called at the home of a 92-year-old woman in the Headlands area and told her there was a problem with the water supply.
Once inside the house, one man kept the victim talking while the other stole two handbags containing cards and a small amount of cash.
A burglar who was caught on CCTV breaking into a house in Cambridgeshire has been jailed for three years.
Liam Clarke was arrested after he was caught on camera breaking into a house in Wisbech.
A police officer recognised him from the footage and within half an hour of the break-in he was arrested.
Police in Luton are appealing for witnesses to come forward after an aggravated burglary on Friday night.
Three twenty-year-old students at a house in Meyrick Avenue were threatened with a knife and forced to hand over mobile telephones and cash.
One of the men was black man, approximately 20 years old, 6’1” tall, well built and wearing a black balaclava.
The second was white, approximately 19 years old, 5’9” tall with a slender build, a slight moustache and side burns.
– PC Jo Barkat, Bedfordshire Police
“The offenders got away with an iphone4, a Nokia Lumia phone, a wallet with a small amount of cash and bank cards.
They caused damage to the front door of the property and did make a noise so it is possible that members of the public heard or saw two people matching these descriptions and could help identify those responsible.
I would urge these people to come forward and help with this investigation.”
Anyone with information relating to this incident can contact PC Barkat, in confidence, at Luton Police Station, on 01582 394316, or Bedfordshire Police on 101, or text information to 07786 200011.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Statement released on behalf on Amin Ahmed Ismail’s family, which was read outside Luton Crown Court today (11/1).
“Amin was my only son and his death has had a devastating effect on me, his sisters and his family.
“Amin was growing up to be the man of the house and the day before this tragedy happened he said one of his ambitions was to be able provide for his family.
"He was living with his older sister in Coventry so he could study a business course and go to university.
"He was very mature and people thought of him as older than his actual age.
“He was a loving son and brother who has never been involved in drugs and did not drink alcohol. He liked football and supported Arsenal.
“He always had a smile on his face and was a happy person who could light up a room. He will always be in our thoughts.
“We are relieved that justice has been done. These three men carried out an evil act and are a danger to the community.
"We want them to remain in prison and don’t want them to be allowed to hurt any other family like they have hurt us.
“We are disappointed that the third defendant was found not guilty, as we feel justice has not been done with respect to him.
“We would like to thank the jury for coming to the right decision and all the witnesses who gave evidence, as well as the Fishermead community.
“We would also like to thank the investigation team at Thames Valley Police for all their work and support they have provided to me and my family.”
Mohamed’s father Hassan Abdi Farah said: “On 26 May 2011 my son and his friend Amin Ismail were both violently and mercilessly shot. This was a planned murder and they were repeatedly shot to make sure they did not survive.
“The two people convicted for this crime have wrongly and unlawfully slaughtered our children.
“We are not happy the third defendant was found not guilty, as we feel justice was not done with him.
“Before 26 May 2011, my family and I were happy and peaceful and had plans and inspirations for businesses, education and work. After Mohamed’s death we suffered a painful tragedy which wiped out all these plans, denied us sleep and caused us permanent anger and stress.
“Mohamed and Amin’s killers have not shown remorse. They have laughed when speaking about the evil things they have carried out and have shown no human feeling. They should never be released.
“Mo was a polite, good mannered boy who was respectful and good in education. Mo liked people and enjoyed life. He laughed and played and called everyone he met his friend.
“I am sure Mo was not a drug dealer, as it has been suggested, and I am sure he was not killed because of drugs.
“We will never forgive Mohamed’s killers and we don’t care which tribes they belong to. Murder is murder.
“The family would like to thank the Fishermead community and the wider community for assisting the police with the investigation, as well as all the witnesses who gave evidence and helped to secure these convictions.
“We would like to also thank the investigation team, Rob Mason and Mark Morton, as well as the family liason officers Nikki Smith and Iain Roberts, for their help and support over the last 18 months.”
Two drug dealers who gunned down two young men in Milton Keynes have been sentenced to life in prison.
Mohammed Farah and his friend Amin Ishmail were shot execution-style after Mr Farrah allegedly sold drugs belonging to a local dealer.
Today, Fuad Awale who pulled the trigger was told he would serve a minimum of 38 years in prison.
His accomplice Sharrmake Abdulkadir received a 32-year sentence. Matthew Hudson sent this report from Luton Crown Court.
A pair of drug dealers who murdered two teenagers in an execution style shooting over a 'drug turf' grievance have been jailed for life today.
Fuad Awale, 25 was told he will have to serve a minimum of 38 years in prison and his accomplice, Sharmake Abdulkadir, 22 will serve a minimum of 32 years.
The two Somalians shot fellow countrymen Mohamed Farah,known as Moh, and Amin Ismail in an alleyway between houses on Fishermead Boulevard, Milton Keynes on May 26 2011.
Justice Nicol told Awale; "I am sure it was you who pulled a gun from your pocket and shot Amin through the head.
"Amin had done nothing to you. Your purpose in shooting him seems to have been twofold. First, so that he should not live to see what you were about to do to Moh. Second to make Moh scared, very scared about what was to happen to him.
Before the killings Awale and Abdulkadir had travelled together to Holland where the murder weapon - a Belgian automatic pistol - was obtained.
Abdulkadir was no stranger to firearms. He had three convictions for gun related crime in Holland.
Awale, of Cranesbill Place, Conniburrow and Abdulkadir of The Fleet, Springfield both went into the witness box and blamed each other.
They were both found guilty of two charges of murder and Abdulkadir was found guilty of possession of a firearm.
A third man, Yahya Harun, 22 from Fishermead Boulevard pleaded not guilty to both murders and was cleared by the jury.