The Anglia region has been the hottest part of the UK on Sunday as the heatwave conditions flared up again over the weekend.Read the full story ›
The heatwave is back on the Anglia region as the above average summer temperatures blaze on over the weekend.
June was among the hottest on record in the Anglia and July is heading the same way. Temperatures peaked in the Anglia region at 28.7°C (83.7°F) on Saturday at RAF Wittering in Cambridgeshire.
There has also been precious little rain in the region for six weeks now.
Maximum temperatures in the Anglia region on Saturday 14 July 2018
- 28.7°C in Wittering, Cambridgeshire
- 28.3°C at Monks Wood near Sawtry, Cambridgeshire
- 28.0°C in Cambridge
- 28.0°C in Marham, Norfolk
- 27.8°C in Holbeach, Lincolnshire
- 27.5°C in Cavendish, Suffolk
- 27.5°C in Santon Downham, Suffolk
- 27.3°C in Northampton
- 27.0°Ç in Writtle, Essex
- 26.2°C in Cromer, Norfolk
- 26.1°C in Andrewsfield, Essex
The grass pollen risk will be moderate decreasing to low as the season goes into decline. Some weed pollen will be airborne and spores will also trigger symptoms in some sufferers.
With settled weather over the next few days pollen levels are expected to remain high
The grass pollen season may be drawing to an end but the fine, dry and sunny weather is keeping levels high.