When Elliot Lord was enjoying his holiday, it wasn't until he was about to leave that he realised he'd travelled on someone else's passport.
Prince George will celebrate his first birthday tomorrow, and another baby from Essex is also gearing herself up for her first big day.
The family of Nahid Almanea, the Saudi Arabian student who was murdered in Colchester last month, have appealed directly to her killer to hand themselves in.
At a press conference in Chelmsford Det Con Jane Morgan, who went to Saudi Arabia to meet the family, read a statement from the family that said:
– Family statement
"As a family we have been left devastated by the terrible murder. Nahid was a remarkable and gentle person who was loved for her kind and caring nature. Publicly she was a quiet and dignified lady who chose to pursue her academic studies in order to work towards her phd.
And whilst in England she made the decision that she would respect her heritage and traditions in the way that she dressed and conducted herself.
However, when she was with her family Nahid was a warm and loving person who enjoyed laughter and the company of her parents, siblings and extended family.
We wish to appeal directly to the person responsible for Nahid's death to come forward and hand themselves into the police in order to relieve our suffering and let justice take its course. It is vital that anyone with any information about Nahid's death, no matter how small, contacts the police to share that information."
Nahid was murdered on the Salary Brook Trail in Colchester shortly before 11am on Tuesday 17 June on her way to the University of Essex.
It was a short walk from her home in Woodrow Way that she shared with her brother. They had both been in the UK for six months. Nahid, who was 31, was studying at Essex University.
The Crown Prosecution Service for the East of England has issued a statement over the prosecution of Former N-Dubz singer and X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos.
Senior District Crown Prosecutor, for the Crown Prosecution Service in the East of England, Sarah Asbrey said:
– Sarah Asbrey
"It was clear from the evidence that Ms Contonstavlos held a grudge against Mr Morgan for previous comments he had made about her on his blog including a link to her sex tape.
When she saw him at the festival there was an argument between them, which resulted in her assaulting Morgan.
The outcome of this case shows that no-one is above the law and each case will be dealt with on its own merits.”
Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been convicted of assaulting a celebrity blogger at a music festival.
The N-Dubz star hit Savvas Morgan during an altercation at V Festival in Essex.
She was found guilty by a judge at Stratford Magistrates' Court today.
After being convicted of the assault, Contostavlos was ordered to pay a total of £3,020. This consisted of a £2,700 contribution towards the cost of the prosecution, a £200 fine, a £100 compensation to Mr Morgan and a £20 victim surcharge.
Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been convicted of assaulting a celebrity blogger at an Essex music festival.
The N-Dubz star hit Savvas Morgan during an altercation at the V Festival in Chelmsford.
She was found guilty by a judge at Stratford Magistrates' Court in London today.
Her assistant, Gareth Varey, was cleared of using threatening behaviour during the incident in August last year.
Earlier this week, a drugs trial against Contostavlos collapsed at Southwark Crown Court after the judge said there were "strong grounds" to believe that undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood - known as the Fake Sheikh - had lied in the witness box
Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been convicted by a judge at Stratford Magistrates' Court of assaulting a celebrity blogger at a music festival.
Former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has arrived at court to find out the verdict of an assault charge against her.
Contostavlos, 26, who saw a trial involving drugs allegations collapse on Monday, is now set to discover her fate regarding an alleged incident at V Festival in Essex in August last year.
Celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan claims the former N-Dubz star hit him during an altercation.
Contostavlos is accused of assault alongside her assistant Gareth Varey, 28, who is accused of threatening behaviour.
The pair, both of Royal Drive, Friern Barnet, north London, deny the charges against them.
The hearing, which will now go into its fifth day, was adjourned and transferred from Chelmsford Magistrates' Court three weeks ago.
Divers have been working just off Southend in Essex to excavate one of England's most important shipwrecks.
The 'London' blew up in 1665 and divers have been mapping the wreck and recovering important artefacts including musket balls and navigational instruments.
A Eurofighter aircraft was scrambled to escort a private jet into Stansted Airport this evening.
The Gulfstream aircraft lost communication with Air Traffic Control while it was flying over the UK.
A spokesman for Stansted Airport says as a precaution the jet was intercepted by at least one Eurofighter aircraft and escorted to Stansted where it landed just before 8.
There were three people on board the aircraft, Essex Police spoke to them and say their response has been stood down.
The traditional summer getaway begins in earnest this week as the schools break up for the summer holidays.
Around 140,000 passengers are expected to fly out of Stansted Airport and almost 80,000 from Luton.
It looks set to be a bumper summer for our region's tourism, with some destinations reporting a surge in bookings.
Richardson's Boating Holidays in Norfolk are among the companies who have already noticed a difference compared to 2013.
– Greg Munford CEO, Richardson's Boating Holidays
"At this present time we're 20% up on last year.
Last year was a difficult year, but this year's shaping up to be the best year on record."
Southend United have completed the signing of former Rotherham United winger David Worrall.
The 24-year-old's contract with the Championship newcomers was terminated by mutual consent last week.
He's agreed a two-year contract in Essex.
Worrall made his name at Bury, where he made over 140 appearances. He spent time on loan at Oldham Athletic last season.
Shrimpers boss Phil Brown says that he's delighted to have attracted Worrall to Roots Hall.
– Phil Brown, Southend United manager
"He’ll bring a huge amount to this football club.
We identified him early on this pre-season as a target and someone we thought would really help our promotion push next season, but we knew there was lots of interest."