Three people have suffered smoke inhalation and a dog has died following a kitchen fire at Braintree in Essex.
Firefighters were called to Templar Road last night after the people living there returned home to find their house full of smoke.
The fire is thought to have been started accidentally by the dog who had jumped up at the cooker and turned the cooker on. Items left on the cooker then caught light.
The kitchen has been destroyed and the rest of the house has suffered extensive smoke damage.
A blaze in Thetford Forest took 35 firefighters to get it under control.
Crews are now damping down at the site at Santon Downham, near Brandon.
A total of eight crews were needed to tackle the flames which has prompted the fire service to issue a further warning about the dry weather.
Firefighters are tackling a large blaze in Thetford Forest.
Five fire engines are at the site at Santon Downham, near Brandon.
Crews have reported the area, which covers about 800 sq m of undergrowth, is well alight.
These photographs, taken by Mersea Island residents, show the extent of the fire that ripped through beach huts early on Sunday.
Ten buildings were destroyed. In many cases, nothing but charred fragments remain on the beach this morning.
Ten beach huts have been destroyed by fire on the Essex coast.
Firefighters were called to Empress Avenue at West Mersea, on Mersea Island, just before 1.45am on Sunday.
Crews removed propane cylinders from some of the huts.
Large amounts of stock and an unstable building hampered firefighters as they tried to fight a blaze at a petrol station on Saturday.Read the full story ›
A fire at a petrol station in Suffolk has caused major disruption on the A11 this morning.
Emergency services have been on the scene at the Barton Mills roundabout since just before 7am today (Saturday).
The blaze broke out in the Esso garage shop and fire crews worked quickly to prevent it spreading to the forecourt and fuel supply.
The A11 had been closed in both directions but has since reopened northbound, with just one lane still closed southbound.
A fire station in Cambridgeshire has been temporarily closed after brickwork collapsed - trapping the fire engine in the building.Read the full story ›
The Asda superstore in Luton, badly damaged by fire this week has allayed fears that they won't now be able to supply the local foodbank.Read the full story ›
A spokesperson from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the fire that killed a women in Ipswich engulfed the bungalow.
Three appliances came to the site quickly where they witnessed a very well developed fire. The fire engulfed the bungalow and the team extinguished it very quickly. We are now working with our police colleagues. Investigation is underway.
It happened on Reid Close and police were alerted by the fire service just before 8o'clock last night. She was pronounced dead at the scene.