Firefighters said they will "salvage what they can" from the remains of an infant school in Essex destroyed by fire.
The John Ray Infant School in Notley Road in Braintree caught fire yesterday (Saturday) afternoon.
Around 50 firefighters were involved in the operation to extinguish the blaze.
Crews reported this morning (Sunday) that the blaze was out, but firefighters remained at the scene.
Notley Road has been reopened to traffic.
Senior Divisional Commander Danny Fearn said: "It is likely that the entire infant school building will be destroyed but we have tried to salvage what we can from the building."
An extra four fire engines were called in at around 6pm to help tackle the blaze at John Ray Infant School in Braintree.
Thirty firefighters are tackling a blaze at a school in Essex.
Seven fire engines have been at John Ray Infants School on Notley Road in Braintree since about 4.30pm this afternoon.
There aren't thought to be any casualties.
The cause of the fire isn't clear at this stage.
A man's body has been found in a house in Cambridgeshire which was destroyed by fire at the weekend.
Witnesses report an explosion at the house in Littleport, near Ely yesterday morning. It took firefighters seven hours to extinguish the flames.
Click below to watch Kate Prout's report.
An investigation into a fatal house fire in Cambridgeshire is underway.
The fire broke out yesterday at Kingsmead Court in Littleport after reports of an explosion from inside a house.
The fire was extinguished by around 7pm.
The body of a man was discovered inside the house.
The body of a man has been discovered in a house fire in Cambridgeshire.
The fire service was called to a blaze at a home in Kingsmead in Littleport at around midday on Sunday August 18.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said they were working with the fire service to discover how the fire started.
A spokesman said: “The body of a man was discovered in the property. The death is currently being treated as unexplained and investigations will continue this morning.”
A family of four had a dramatic escape this morning, after climbing down the drain pipe of their home in Pott Row near King's Lynn, to escape the flames.
The blaze is believed to have been caused by a faulty tumble drier. But crucially one very important piece of equipment was working: The smoke detector - and it probably saved their lives. Watch Stuart Leithes' report.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service has posted a video of YouTube of their efforts to tackle a blaze at the Hatford Mill pub.
A blaze that destroyed a pub near Huntingdon was started accidentally, firefighters have said.
The Hartford Mill public house in Hartford Marina burnt down this morning. An initial investigation has found that the fire was started accidentally by equipment.