The family of a woman from Harlow who was murdered thirteen years ago have made an emotional appeal for help to find her killers.
Beverley Brinkley was 35 when she was attacked by two men in a block of flats in The Stow in 2003.
Police believe there are people in the community who have vital information about her death.
Her brother said the family hope someone will still come forward with information.
More than 500 school children have come together to celebrate sport in the 2016 Active Essex Winter School GamesRead the full story ›
Two Essex men have become the first in the county to be charged with an offence of ‘engaging in controlling or coercive behaviour’.
Leczek Wlodarczyk, 51, and Artur Surma, 28,both of The Hoo, Harlow, were charged on Tuesday and remanded in custody to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court today (January 21).
It follows the introduction of new legislation introduced at the end of last year that aims to crack down on psychological abuse within intimate relationships.
Nine people have been arrested after around a hundred police officers carried out early morning drug raids in Hertfordshire, Essex and London.
Police say it was part of a proactive operation to disrupt the supply of drugs in the East Herts area.
Nine people were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a controlled drug including two men from Harlow aged 55 and 20 along with three men and a woman from Hertford.
“The execution of these warrants was the culmination of months of intelligence led work and the operation has been a success.
“Whilst there isn’t a significant issue with drugs in our area I want to be very clear where we have information people are involved in dealing or supply, we will target these people and bring them to justice.
Travellers have been banned from illegally pitching up in Harlow over the next 18 months in one of the most sweeping orders ever made.
Earlier this year, councillors successfully argued for a temporary injunction from the High Court after the town was said to be "under siege" from 110 unauthorised encampments.
That order has now been extended and, in particular, protects more than 300 pockets of land across the district including playing fields, car parks and school sites.
Councillors in Harlow will be at the High Court today to try and make a temporary ban on travellers permanent.
An unprecedented interim injunction on illegal sites was granted in March preventing travellers from setting up illegal sites across the whole town.
The injunction application seeks the same protection as the interim injunction and would ban 35 named people from setting up unauthorised encampments on any land in Harlow.
An Essex man assaulted in the early hours of Sunday morning has died.
Ambulance staff called police to the Park Inn Hotel on Southern Way in Harlow at 12.40am after a man was punched and suffered serious injuries.
The 52-year-old victim was taken to hospital but died later that afternoon.
A 20-year-old from Hertfordshire was arrested in connection with the investigation but has since been released on bail.
A jury at a coroner's inquest into the death of a mum-to-be has decided she was unlawfully killed.Read the full story ›
Essex police are appealing for witnesses after a man was allegedly sprayed in the face with an irritant liquid in a road rage incident.
The victim, a 41-year-old from Bedfordshire says he was driving in Harlow near the roundabout junction between the A414 and Edinburgh Road.
He claims he was cut up by a man in a grey Golf, who then stopped, wound the passenger window down and sprayed the liquid through the victim's driver window, causing reddening and irritation.
The first phase of a £15 million road improvement scheme has begun in Harlow.
It will be carried out in two phases and is due to finish in 2018.
It is designed to ease congestion at the A414 pinch point in the town.
"These schemes are playing a key part in transforming Harlow to bring economic growth and prosperity to the town and west Essex in general."