Live updates

Woman, 19, threatened with knife during Essex robbery

A woman was threatened with a knife during a robbery in Harlow. Credit: ITV News Anglia.

A 19-year-old woman was threatened with a knife as she walked along a cycle path in Essex.

Detectives are appealing for witnesses to the robbery which happened at Tripton Road in Harlow at about 1.45pm on Friday, March 17.

The victim was approached by a man holding a knife who demanded money. She gave him cash and he ran off into a nearby wood.

The man was white, aged about 40, of stocky build and 5ft 6ins to 5ft 7ins tall. He had curly, short, light brown hair, with a small bald patch on the crown and a long bushy beard.

The victim said he looked scruff, wore black gloves with the ends cut off both thumbs, a khaki green jacket with a rip in the back, and black steel toe capped style boots.

Advertisement

Three teenagers arrested over Harlow attack

A third teenager has been arrested in connection with an assault in Harlow which left three men with head and facial injuries.

The victims were attacked by a group of five people in East Gate on Saturday 18 February.

A 17-year-old boy from Harlow was arrested on Sunday 19 February on suspicion of assault and violent disorder.

He has been released on bail until May 25.

Previously, a 14-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of assault and a 15-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder.

The 14 year-old has been released on bail until May 25.

The 15 year-old boy remains in police custody.

Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact Essex Police on 101.

Man charged following Harlow claw hammer attack

The attack happened on 26 January. Credit: ITV News Anglia

A man's been charged with attempted murder and fraud following a stabbing in Harlow.

The victim was attacked with a claw hammer in The Downs area last month and had to be taken to hospital.

19-year-old Osa Akapata from Bishop's Stortford was arrested on Friday and has since appeared in court.

Teenager denies killing Polish man in Harlow

Arek Jozwik was killed in the Stow shopping area of Harlow. Credit: ITV News Anglia.

A 15-year-old boy has pleaded not guilty to the manslaughter of a Polish man in Harlow.

Arkadiusz Jozwik, 40, was attacked outside a row of takeaway shops at the town's Stow shopping area on August 27 2016 - two months after the vote to leave the EU.

Mr Jozwik died of head injuries in hospital two days after the attack.

The 15-year-old boy, from Harlow, who cannot be named for legal reasons, denied manslaughter during a brief hearing at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday morning.

He sat beside his father at court, wearing a tracksuit top, grey tracksuit bottoms and trainers.

The teenager has been bailed until July 24 when a trial is due to begin at Chelmsford Crown Court.

Advertisement

Man attacked with claw hammer in Harlow

Scene of the incident

A man in Harlow has been attacked with a claw hammer, police have said.

The attack took place in The Downs yesterday afternoon. Police were called to the scene where they found a man with stab wounds. He was taken to a London hospital and his injuries are not believed to be life threatening,

Essex police describe the suspects as as two men aged between late teens and their early 20s. They are also asking residents to check their gardens and bins for any hammers or other similar type weapons that have been discarded.

Police want to speak to man over Essex firearms incident

An efit as been released of a man wanted for questioning by police in Essex following a firearms incident in Harlow earlier this month.

It happened in Tendring Road at around 11pm on Friday, January 13.

A gun was drawn during a dispute over a taxi fare involving two men.

One struck the vehicle with a baton, the other had what detectives believe was a BB gun. The driver of the taxi says he heard a loud bang before both men fled the scene.

Anyone who recognises the man is asked to contact Pc Love at Harlow Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Man wanted for questioning over gun incident Credit: Essex Police

Teen in court over killing of Polish man

Arek Jozwik died after an attack outside a row of shops in Harlow last year Credit: Family picture

A 15-year-old boy's appeared in court in Essex charged with the manslaughter of a Polish man in Harlow. Arek Jozwik, who was 40, was attacked outside a row of shops in August last year. No plea was entered by the 15-year-old and he was bailed to appear before Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday.

Load more updates