Mums and mums-to-be joined a march to protest at the temporary closure of maternity units in Clacton and Harwich. The hospital trust in Colchester says the closure is to cope with a shortage of midwives.
The trust's decision to close Clacton and Harwich units will be reviewed in mid June.
Campaigners hoping to save the maternity units at Clacton and Harwich are organising a protest march.
They were closed last month on a temporary basis with services being transferred to Colchester Hospital.
Protestors will march through Clacton on Saturday. They're hoping it will show the strength of feeling in the community against the closure.
A woman thought to be the last to give birth maternity unit in Clacton fears halting births there puts some expectant mothers at risk.Read the full story ›
Protesters are set to take to the streets of Harwich in Essex in a campaign against recent maternity unit closures.
Among those taking part in the march, which starts at 10am, are local councillors Danny Mayzes and Chris Griffiths.
Protesters fear more local healthcare services could be at risk.
There's growing pressure on health chiefs in Essex to reverse their decision to temporarily close maternity units at two hospitals.
The units at Harwich and Clacton were shut on 17 March because of a shortage of midwives.
The Board of Directors of Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust will review the decision in June.
Women booked to give birth at the maternity units at the community hospitals will be offered a choice of a home birth or delivery at Colchester General Hospital.
The MP for Clacton Douglas Carswell says a lot of people are angry about the decision.
A body found washed up on the beach at Felixstowe has been confirmed as that of Leonovid Isufaj, an Albanian national who is believed to have gone overboard from a ferry that left Harwich on February 26. Police said the body, found on Thursday, had been in the water for some time.
It's been identified as Mr Isufaj, who was 27 years old. Suffolk Police say his death is being treated as unexplained pending the results of a post mortem examination, however there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.
An inquest will be held in due course.
Police are investigating whether a body found washed up on a beach in Felixstowe is one of the men who went overboard from a ferry near Harwich last month.
A quantity of Euro currency was found on the body which was discovered this afternoon.
On February 26 the ferry company Stena Line said that two passengers had jumped from a ferry travelling from Harwich to the Hook of Holland.
The company added that they were part of a group who had been refused entry to the UK by the UK Borders Agency.
A body has been found washed up on the beach at Felixstowe.
Police were contacted just after 12.30pm to reports of a body on the beach near Buregate Road.
The body is thought to have been in the water for some time.
The body is believed to be that of a man.
Police are making efforts to identify him and have found a quantity of Euro currency on the body.
Suffolk Police are liaising with their Essex counterparts following the find.
Detectives are urging people to remember to lock-up their homes after burglars were able to walk straight into a house in Harwich - and walk out with a widescreen television.
The break-in happened at Hordle Street between 11am and 12 noon on Sunday.
The burglars took the television and some jewellery.
DC Bernadette Lord, said: "The owner had popped out for just an hour, returning to find their home had been burgled by intruders who clearly did not care who saw them which is why we’re certain that someone would have seen a man walking down the street with a large, unboxed television.
"It really is important for people to close and lock their windows and doors whether they are inside or outside and regardless of whether they are just nipping out for a few minutes.”
Stena Line have released a new statement after two people were reported to have jumped from a Stena Britannica ferry travelling from Harwich to Hook in Holland yesterday (Wednesday 26 February).
A spokesperson for Stena Line said:
"Stena Line can confirm that the two missing passengers were part of a group that had been refused entry to the UK by the UK Borders Agency and were on their way back to the Netherlands but cannot comment further on their identity, as this is an issue for the UK and Dutch immigration authorities.
"The Stena Britannica arrived in the Hook of Holland yesterday evening and a thorough search of the vessel was conducted but the two missing passengers were not found."