Live updates

Paralysed jockey Tylicki out of intensive care

Freddie Tylicki Credit: PA

The Newmarket jockey Freddy Tylicki is no longer in intensive care.

The 30-year-old was airlifted to St George's hospital in London after a fall during a race at Kempton on October 31. He's now been moved to a spinal ward.

The Injured Jockeys Fund put this message on Facebook:

The Injured Jockeys Fund put this message on Facebook

Last night Tylicki posted a message on Twitter saying: 'Struggling and fighting! Thank you every single one of you for all the support! Here is to a long road in front of me! Much love everyone.'

Paralysed jockey Tylicki talks of 'long road in front of me'

Freddy Tylicki has been left paralysed from the waist down. Credit: PA

The Newmarket jockey Freddy Tylicki has taken to social media for the first time since he was left paralysed from the waist down following a fall last month.

Tyicki was involved in a four-horse pile-up at Kempton and is still in intensive care.

Last night he posted a message on Twitter thanking the racing community for their support - his first public communication since the incident.

Advertisement

Fundraising page for injured jockey reaches more than £250,000

Freddy Tylicki Credit: PA

The fundraising page set up for injured Newmarket jockey Freddy Tylicki has now raised more than £250,000.

The 30-year-old has been told by doctors that his lower body is paralysed after a fall in Kempton last week. Tylicki remains in intensive care in a stable condition.

The GoFundMe page was set up by television presenter Matt Chapman.

Fundraising page for injured jockey reaches £125,000 in 24 hours

Freddy Tylicki

A fundraising page set up for Newmarket jockey Freddy Tylicki has raised over £125,000 in just over 24 hours.

Tylicki has been told by doctors his lower body is paralysed after he sustained spinal injuries in a fall at Kempton on Monday.<

The page was set up by At The Races TV presenter Matt Chapman and the response from within racing has been phenomenal.

With Sky Bet, BetVictor, Coral/Ladbrokes and William Hill all promising a further £10,000 donation each, the total is set to rise further still.

Racing figures such as Tylicki's former boss Richard Fahey, Luca Cumani, Sheikh Fahad Al Thani and champion jockey Jim Crowley, who was also involved in the Kempton incident but escaped with a broken nose, have all donated.

Advertisement

Load more updates