A rescue centre has taken in more than 100 seal pups orphaned by the recent floods.
A West Norfolk railway station is being made fit for a Queen with the aid of a revamp.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn has been criticised by the CQC for poor care and a lack of staffing.
Norfolk councillors have voted in favour of going ahead with a controversial waste incinerator at King's Lynn.
They voted by 40 to 38 to continue with a revised plan despite the withdrawal of a £169 million government grant.
There were cries of shame from the public gallery as the vote was announced. There has been strong local opposition to the plans.
A cross-party group of councillors has said Norfolk can afford to break its contract and scrap plans to build a waste incinerator at King's Lynn.
Councillors are due to meet today to discuss whether to go ahead with the controversial scheme after the withdrawal of a £169 million government grant.
Norfolk County Council insists the site at Saddlebow would still save taxpayers money and say it cannot afford to pay contractor Cory Wheelabrator around £26 million to break its agreement.
But a group of councillors says the authority has enough money in its reserves to cover the cost.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Norfolk has promised to take swift action to improve its quality of care after being placed in special measures.
Following confirmation from the Care Quality Commission that the health regulator Monitor was to intervene, the King's Lynn trust apologised to patients.
Acting chief executive at the QEH, Sharon Beamish, said: "We accept the reports' findings and as a board we will work with Monitor to do everything we can to put things right as quickly as possible."
The hospital said it was taking immediate action to ensure wards were adequately staffed.
A further 35 nurses from Portugal are due to start work at the King's Lynn site in November and December and the trust is continuing to recruit from across the UK - including newly-qualified staff from the University of East Anglia and Anglia Ruskin University.
A Norfolk hospital has been placed in special measures after "consistently failing to meet the national standards of quality and safety", the Care Quality Commission (CQC) has confirmed.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King's Lynn, has been warned it must improve standards as quickly as possible.
It follows a request by the CQC to regulator Monitor to step in and place the Gayton Road hospital in special measures after it was found to be failing on "more than one occasion".
The QEH was issued with a formal following an inspection in August which found low staffing levels and a lack of training in connection with dementia care. Patients were also found to be at risk because systems in place were not robust enough.
It followed an earlier inspection in May when the hospital was also told to improve.
Sir Mike Richards, chief inspector of hospitals for the CQC, said: "The concerns we found ... were so great we felt it was necessary to request that Monitor intervene and place the trust into special measures to assist in driving through improvements for patient care."
The trust will be closely monitored by the watchdog to ensure standards are raised.
A second man has been charged with acting as an unlicensed gangmaster following a series of police raids last week.
Juris Valujevs was arrested as part of a crackdown against the exploitation of migrant workers by Cambridgeshire Police.
The 35-year-old, of Turbus Road, King's Lynn, in Norfolk, has also been charged with fraud by representation, conspiring to commit immigration offences and blackmail.
He appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Saturday and has been remanded in custody until Thursday.
A total of nine arrests were made during the raids last Tuesday at addresses in Wisbech, March and King's Lynn.
Ivar Mezals, 27, of Conference Way, Wisbech, has also been charged with acting as an unlicensed gangmaster, blackmail and fraud by false representation.
Seven others were released on bail.
A Norfolk MP has described the waste incinerator project to burn the county's waste as "dead in the water" after the government withdrew part of the funding.
It's planned to build the incinerator near King's Lynn in Henry Bellingham's North West Norfolk constituency.
The UKIP group on Norfolk County Council says the project is "totally uneconomic" and that everyone should work together to find "a solution to the compensation payable if the contract is terminated."
– Cllr Toby Coke, UKIP leader, Norfolk County Council
“Today’s announcement of the withdrawal of the Waste Infrastructure Credits shows that the Government have come to the same conclusion as we have, that it is a pointless exercise to borrow money to subsidise a project that is totally uneconomic.
The contractor behind the King's Lynn waste incinerator, Cory Wheelabrator, says it is disappointed that the government has withdrawn a key £169 million grant to the project.
– Paul Green, Cory Wheelabrator
“We are disappointed that the Waste Infrastructure Credits have been withdrawn from the Norfolk project. The Consortium will submit a revised project plan to Norfolk County Council in line with its contract.” _
The South West Norfolk MP and Education Minister Liz Truss has told ITV News Anglia she hopes the controversial King's Lynn waste incinerator will now be scrapped.
The government has withdrawn a £169 million grant towards the scheme.
Ms Truss has welcomed the withdrawal of funds saying it was a "waste of public money."
Health Minister and Liberal Democrat MP for North Norfolk Norman Lamb has welcomed the Government's decision to withdraw funding for a waste incinerator near King's Lynn.
Commenting after the announcement that the Community Waste Infrastructure Credits would be withdrawn from Norfolk’s planned incinerator project, Norman Lamb said:
“I strongly support today’s decision. Liberal Democrats in Norfolk have consistently opposed the Conservative plan to build a waste incinerator near King’s Lynn.
"The decision to build a waste incinerator was taken without securing community support and without exploring other better technologies.
“I have previously asked officials in Defra to help the council explore ways of funding alternative technologies if plans to build the incinerator are scrapped and I will continue to support NCC in any way I can in developing sustainable waste solutions for the future.”